• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats Happen Now!!

bassNspear

I have been out of the country for over a week, and not on the lake for over 3 weeks. Thats horrible, i know.

But anywho, what are the bass doing right now. Just wanta get a feel for what others are doing, and getting a since on whats going on.

Thanks for the information.

Hey BNS,

For me the topwater bite has really turned on along with shallow cranking. Been using a lot of frogs and baby 1- baits lately with good success. Spinnerbaits were working good on Friday as well. The water temps are finally getting up there and the fish have really turned on. I am sure deep cranking is going to pick up in the next week or two.

It really depends on where your fishing.. I have been on the water no less than about 8 hours a day for th last week and ahalf straight. Fishing has been nothing short of awesome. Some lakes I have found fish deep weed edges, others lakes that are similar I cant buy a bite deep. Yesterday(wed) I found fish shallow.. very shallow, like backs out of the water shallow. They were feeding on black and white dragonflies.. white scum frog was the ticket.

... Been using a lot of frogs and baby 1- baits lately with good success...

What he said. grin

Honestly though.... the last time I went out, everything was working. It was nutts!!!!!

Most fish came shallow, but the deep spoon bite was there as well. But with topwater excitement in play, who wants to fish a spoon.

Tonka fish are on the move! Found fish in 6 different bays yesterday. A lot of the fish are holding on the outside weedline, 8-14 feet of water. Crystal Bay continues to be my bay of choice. Jig worms and beavers are working very well. Also found a lot of fish holding around the islands. Any mix of bottom content and game on! Manns Baby Minus-1 was a hot crankbait in shallows yesterday, very aggressive strikes!

Found all our fish yesterday on the deep weedline. Had to downsize to keep the bites consistent as the midday heat picked up. Ended up throwing 2" Mister Twister Mino's by the time the day was done smile

Depths were mostly 7-12 feet of water. Found a few isolated weed patches and pulled several fish of those. Water temps were in the low 80's for the most part.

A couple fish came off docks too. Wacky-rigged Comidas were the ticket there. Also caught a couple fish in the slop tossing jig-worms...

We tried the spinner-bait bite on the wind-blown areas but only managed a few pike... had to leave that area quick wink

Looks like a nice few days in the near future... go out and get 'em!