Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Whats Happen Now!!

13 posts in this topic

I have been out of the country for over a week, and not on the lake for over 3 weeks. Thats horrible, i know.

But anywho, what are the bass doing right now. Just wanta get a feel for what others are doing, and getting a since on whats going on.

Thanks for the information.

Hey BNS,

For me the topwater bite has really turned on along with shallow cranking. Been using a lot of frogs and baby 1- baits lately with good success. Spinnerbaits were working good on Friday as well. The water temps are finally getting up there and the fish have really turned on. I am sure deep cranking is going to pick up in the next week or two.

I've been catching them on deep cranks.

Lets just say its been awesome.

thanks for the information guys. Im going to hit the lake on Friday and Sunday. Cant wait to get out.

thanks for the information guys. Im going to hit the lake on Friday and Sunday. Cant wait to get out.

It really depends on where your fishing.. I have been on the water no less than about 8 hours a day for th last week and ahalf straight. Fishing has been nothing short of awesome. Some lakes I have found fish deep weed edges, others lakes that are similar I cant buy a bite deep. Yesterday(wed) I found fish shallow.. very shallow, like backs out of the water shallow. They were feeding on black and white dragonflies.. white scum frog was the ticket.

I cant recall catching fish deeper than 10' yet this year. I havnt even been marking fish on my traditional summer locations. Most my fish are still get pulled off docks or shallow weed cover.

... Been using a lot of frogs and baby 1- baits lately with good success...

What he said. grin

Honestly though.... the last time I went out, everything was working. It was nutts!!!!!

Most fish came shallow, but the deep spoon bite was there as well. But with topwater excitement in play, who wants to fish a spoon.

Find where the panfish are spawning and the bass will be close by. Time for some revenge!!

I was out today and did ok. I found alot of fish in deep water later in the morning. Did ok on topwater, and got a few flippen.

Tonka fish are on the move! Found fish in 6 different bays yesterday. A lot of the fish are holding on the outside weedline, 8-14 feet of water. Crystal Bay continues to be my bay of choice. Jig worms and beavers are working very well. Also found a lot of fish holding around the islands. Any mix of bottom content and game on! Manns Baby Minus-1 was a hot crankbait in shallows yesterday, very aggressive strikes!

Found all our fish yesterday on the deep weedline. Had to downsize to keep the bites consistent as the midday heat picked up. Ended up throwing 2" Mister Twister Mino's by the time the day was done smile

Depths were mostly 7-12 feet of water. Found a few isolated weed patches and pulled several fish of those. Water temps were in the low 80's for the most part.

A couple fish came off docks too. Wacky-rigged Comidas were the ticket there. Also caught a couple fish in the slop tossing jig-worms...

We tried the spinner-bait bite on the wind-blown areas but only managed a few pike... had to leave that area quick wink

Looks like a nice few days in the near future... go out and get 'em!

thanks for the report matt. Seems like you have had a great summer so far, glad to see your doing well