• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bluegill fillets

Other than deep frying, pan frying or microwaving, are there any other ways to utilize bluegill fillets.? If so, please share how.

I have read over the years about soups, but I think they were using larger game fish.

Thanks

I like to cook them on my gas grill. Melt some butter with some Real Lemon, put a big piece of tin foil on the top rack, fold up the edges a bit so it holds the liquids, throw the fillets on, brush then with the butter mixture, cook until flaky, turning once. Season with your favorate seasoning after the turn. Tasty and easy cleanup. Cook lots because quite a few don't make it to the platter. I also like to leave the skin on one side of the fillet, I scale them and then fillet them, it holds them together.

My kid loves this, she calls it cheesy fish. Just lay the fillets on a cookie sheet and then salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. I just like salt and then grill or salt and then bake. Really brings out the flavor of the fish.

Dump a few fillets at a time into a pot of boiling water - if you put a whole bunch at a time they stick together - cook for three minutes, maybe four. Spread out on paper towels and let cool - when cool, season & dip in cocktail sauce - eat like shrimp, cold. Very, very good. Lemon on top is very good as well - even dip in melted garlic butter...

I use a glass casserol dish uncovered.

Make layers of sliced Onions sliced potatoes and fish fillets

I salt and pepper each layer and drizzle with some melted butter when the dish is full (about 3 layers of each).

Mix about 1/2 cup of melted butter with about a half cup of Italian bread crumbs and spread over the top.

Bake at 350 for about an hour or until potatoes ar soft.