• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils lake report (27th-29th June weekend)

Had a great time over the weekend. Walleyes were active and biting well. They were thick together in the Black Tiger Bay area along the sandy rocky shorelines and trees. Jigheads with chartreuse green twister tails, perch colored rapalas, minnows etc. They hit everything. Biggest fish was 27". Lotsa small walleyes. Average size we caught were 12" to 14" but alot of 15" to 20" mix in too.

We also ended up with a 14 1/2 inch Crappie. And it was thick & fat as heck! Not the typical slab. It was way thicker and fatter probably due to the excellent forage in Devils Lake. Its too bad they don't emphasize the Crappie more in that lake. I've caught my share of big crappies from that lake and they are huge, fatter than any ive caught from the red lakes. I've caught alot of big crappies in my life time and these Devils Lake Crappies are fatter than any I ever caught in MN and Canada at the same size. :P

For White Bass it was spotty but Channel A was good. For Pike it was the usual. You can pretty much catch them everywhere.

They key for us in Black Tiger Bay was wind blown shorelines. After that tossing any lure pretty much caught walleyes. July is a great month for Walleye fishing in Devils lake.

I just got back from spending the week at Grahams Island, heres what we had. Mostly smaller walleyes in the 10 - 12 inch range. we caught a few in the 15 -20 inch range. Most bit on leeches however we did manage to land a few with chartreuse cranks from shore at sunset. Pike were fairly active and we did land quite a few with the largest being 14 Lbs. with most in the 2-3 lbs range. The bite was starting to pick up on Saturday, when we were leaving the park we stopped by the cleaning table and 1 boat had landed a limit in th 4 - 8 lbs range. Fish were scarce in less than 14 ft with the bite we encountered in the 16-18 foot range.