• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

July - Where the rubber meets the road

Big Tom

As enjoyable as the last 15 games have been. Now the real work begins. July will tell the tale for our Twins.

I would sure like to see us find some consistent power out of the DH slot. Kubel's been o.k. but this club needs some long ball if they are going to hang in it.

Hopefully Liriano can get it together for the second half. Even if they take the Central this year, I don't think Livan is good enough for us to take a playoff series from anybody. frown In '87 and '91 we at least had two very good starters.

Mr. Smith, you are on the clock. wink

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kubel's more DH than the Twins have had since Chili patrolled the pine. He's on pace to hit 25 HRs, that's good enough in my book.

What they really need is (1) Young & Cuddyer to come around & (2) an innings-eating starter with an ERA below 5.00 & (3) the young guys (Casilla, Buscher, Blackburn, etc.) to keep playing beyond their years.

Obvi they don;t need the long ball. THey are 4th in scoring and nearly last in homers.

This years twins are nothing more than the best 500 ball club in the majors...

Hopefully they can show us more but likely with the wins will come losses like last night. They are a young group.

The team is playing some really good ball right now and have won their last 6 series. They dont need to win every game but if you can take 2 of 3 more times than not you'll be in a good position. The season is far from over but there in a better position this year than in 2006 and we did it then. Im just afraid we dont have the experience to go anywhere in the playoffs if we were to win the division.

The Twins are doing a good job of following the old adage "Win every series at home, play .500 ball on the road".

They are 29-18 at home...slightly better than 2 out of every 3. Then they are 18-20 on the road...just a game away from .500. If they can keep it up, they will stay in the race.

They could use a bit more power...it will be tough to continue the pace of BA with RISP as well as the pace of two-out RBI that they are on.

But Cuddyer will come back after the break, and Delmon is playing well...his 16 doubles is good for top 40 in the league, and his 4 triples (same as Gomez and Cuddyer) are among league leaders. Delmon is hitting for a decent average with quite a few doubles, and has picked up a couple homers here recently. I think he is in for a good second half, and probably a breakout season next year.

Having said that, the Sox are tough...and are not likely to sit still at the trade deadline. Detroit is starting to play better...it was good to see the Twins take 2 of three from them. And I still think that the Indians are the team most likely to put together one of those runs of winning something like 20 of 25 games over a stretch somewhere...I think the tribe will be in it at the end. This could turn into a very interesting four-team race come September.

Mike,

Don't be too sure of that. Kenny will always pull the trigger, especially if he sniffs the finish line first and every indication this year shows that my Pale Hose have as much of a chance as any to finish 1st in the Central. There are no front runners this year. Don't be surprised if you see a big name pitcher trading in his Injun colors for the Black and Silver, I won't say his name but I will be sure to C.C. you in when the deal goes down!

Windy

Don't be too sure Pier. The Sox were in the running for Hunter and they actually outbid the Cubs for Fukadome but he chose the northside, probably because of the larger concentration of Asian fans up north!

The Pale Hose could be like Walt Disney....

Making Dreams a Reality!

Windy

As much as I hate to say it... I still see the Motor City Kitties winning this thing, and look for the Pale Hose to tail off like they normally do, their pitching has been great, but i see it as a mirage more than a trend.. Tigers in 1st, Twins, Sox, royals, Indians, in that order. Boston wins the east and the Rays get the wildcard slot.

As much as I hate to say it... I still see the Motor City Kitties winning this thing, and look for the Pale Hose to tail off like they normally do, their pitching has been great, but i see it as a mirage more than a trend.. Tigers in 1st, Twins, Sox, royals, Indians, in that order. Boston wins the east and the Rays get the wildcard slot.

I dont know about the Tigers, they are a good team, but being that they are already 7 games back and we havent got to the allstar break yet, they may be trying to dump some players.

Gotta go with the hometown Twins. Young is waking up, they could use a right handed bat, but at the expense of who? Lamb is the one that might go, but are they willing to eat his contract if nobody else wants him. They are a lot like TB right now, too young to know what pressure is, and they have the vets like Cuddy, Monroe and believe it or not, Mauer and Monreau are vets on this team, they have been through a pennant race.

I think we can kiss the Tigers good-bye even after their big run they are still quite a ways back in the division and behind 2 teams.

We can only hope Detroit would spend more cash but I doubt they will after the ludicrous contracts they signed players to in the off season.

I know the spending cash comment was directed at the Twins and Pohlad but lets not kid ourselves we have the best organization top to bottom in baseball and we play the game the way it's meant to be played.

Windy I know you know that the Indians are not going to trade the big CC to a division rival for obvious reasons and you don't have anything in your farm system that the Indians are interested In anyway.

Go Twins!

Don't forget guyz, Windy was the one touting Garland as the next coming of Koufax. Twins overtake ChiSox and beat the Rays when crunch time comes. My big mouth is now closed.

PS Windy, Asian fans? Whadda they do, travel the other 81 games with him? Sheesh......just keep stirring.

PPS Windy, how many WSox are on the all-star team??????

CC Sabathia to the Milwaukee Brewers! So we wont be seeing him anymore! Anyways if it wasn't for the White Sox playing so well, the Twins would be several games up on them. Like-wise if the Twins weren't playing well, the White Sox would be running away with it.

GO TWINS!!!!! - they just keep finding ways to win ball games. Now if they can carry it into this tough road trip through Boston and Detroit!

I don't CC/Brewers will matter much but they have gotten closer again and it could be interesting.

Speaking of roller coasters, I went to Great America and rode about 6 of them for the first time ever and just about got the bejesus scared outta me. Lucky my heart is still beating.

You're getting close now, so Good Luck on your Cass trip Windy.

We will see when you return if the pot still needs stirring or if the WSox (and you) wilt away.

I can't stand them rock bass. You get all excited and think you got something and then have to look at that red eye staring at you! We have one guy at our resort who loves them so we give all our rock bass to him. Go figure. Glad to see you got a little gamble left in you Geno! I know my fat white rear would not be going on no roller coasters!!! I am T-Minus 12 days out from Cass and going crazy. Can't wait to wet the lines.

So Geno, who is going to win the All Star game, the American League all stars....OR THE CUBS! What is up with that, do they think they are the Yankees or Red Sox of the National League. I thought they were going to elect Yosh Kiwano to the team as well! LOL

Windy