• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Washing Machine Leaks

JacobMHD

I have a Frigidaire Wahing Machine that is about 6 years old. It recently began leaking out the bottom. The leak is pretty substantial and cannot be ignored. It begins leaking out the base as soon as water begins filling the tub. If I had to guess, I would say it is a seal that has worked itself loose. Before I call an expert, I thought I would take a shot at fixing it myself. Any suggestions?

Jacob, I just had the same problem and it was the water pump.Easy to fix,just a couple on metal straps to hold it in place. Dey's Appliance parts in Spring Lake Park. The lady at the store can tell you how to fix most anything. Good Luck DrJ

If you look under the machine you should see some staining in the area of the leak. If it's a hose it will be easy to spot. If it's the water pump that too is easy to spot. I just Googled Frigidaire washign machine and the water pump jumped up as the first part on the list of one of the dealers. My daughter just replaced the one on her rig a month ago. Not a big deal and only $45 or so for the part most likely.

Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it. I haven't had a chance, but as soon as I do I will let you know how things go. I will probably have more questions at that time.

The problem ended up being a hole in the bottom of the washer tub. I have no idea how it got there but a little plumber putty and it is as good as new. Thanks for the help.