• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey everyone, was wondering if anyone knows about a couple lakes in the area. This year for the 4th I will be at my aunt and uncles cabin on lake Viola. I fished it last year once and got a ton of little bass and panfish. Does anyone know if there are any decent sized fish in this lake( panfish, bass, walleye,)? Also my uncle mentioned that there was another lake across the road, I think its called Clam lake. Is this lake worth a try if Viola is not producing? And if so what should I target?

Finally if neither of these lakes are not any good, are there any nearby lakes where I would be able to do well on pannies and possibly walleye?

Thanks

One more thing, Yellow Lake isn't too far away either and it's probably your best bet for walleyes. Big Sand and Sand both have walleyes but Sand (just north of Big Sand) is probably the best bet there.

Yes Big Sand is the lake I was thinking of I believe he mentioned both but the across the road one was the one I was thinking of, so thanks for the correction. Thanks for the info everyone. I may give those lakes a try, especially big sand and possibly sand a try.

Thanks

North Sand the one further north is almost useless for walleyes... I have been fishing it for a few years now and all it has to offer is pike since the Native Americans spear the walleyes so heavily at peak spawning periods. I could go on about my frustration for their ways of "fishing" but I think we all know the drill. After trying everything on that lake for eyes' all I have to show is 1 13"er over many years. I think yellow would be your best bet.IMO

Anyone else ever had success on N. Sand for eyes'?

Thanks,

Ryan

My cousin has caught 3 this year while primarily fishing for bass.

One of the biggest eyes that I've ever caught in the county came out of that lake. It's not a numbers game, but there are a few nice fish.

Yellow is a much better option for eyes. Big Mac used to be very good too, but it has fallen off in recent years. As has Devils.

Find a weed edge and slip bobber and a leech. Or on the south end there is a big gravel bar which is good jig territory. I've caught them all sorts of ways out there, but bobbering has done the best for me. It might not hurt to lindy a weed edge either.

A friend's family has a place on Viola. You can catch snake northerns all day long if you drag rooster tails and spoons. There are a couple nice fish in there but the shear number of fish make it hard for any of the species to get too big.

Ended up just fishing Viola. I had motor problems and did not feel like just using the trolling motor on the other lakes since I didnt know exactly how large they are. Anyways still had fun. probably got about 50 bass on Friday. The majority of them were little 10-12 inchers but did manage to get a half dozen in the 15-16 inch range. Saturday didnt fish as hard and probably got another 15 to 20 bass as well as a ton of little snakes.