• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Two Cents

I’ve been out fishing now a lot and have done really well with the eyes for the month of June, but one thing I am really starting to get upset about is the water quality of the metro lakes. I am sure with all the money we give the < MN DNR> that something is in the works and sure it would take a little time to get these lakes to a decent water quality level and some lakes are sure to be better and or worse than others. The other day me and my brother went to a favorite lake and caught the first fish of the day, and I had it right to the boat with no less than a foot to 6 inch’s before you could even tell it was a walleye. Would be nice to start an effective program with reachable / attainable goals to get the water to certain standards not this oh well attitude, it is what it is stuff. And this go’s to everyone out their- last year ice fishing out on Prior lake I was so discussed by people just throwing trash everywhere-( It starts with us sportsman!)

Lots of things can cause cloudy or dirty water. Rain runoff, weed die offs, turnover, algea blooms, the list goes on. Some things the DNR has control over, but water color or "quality" is a tough thing to control, especially in the short term.