• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wheres everyone fishing for the 4th?

tunrevir

I figured many of us would be on the water over the 4th and was just curious to see where people are headed and type of fish they are targeting. I'm headed to the cabin in Wisc. to fish the Flambeau for a mixed bag of eyes, pike, skis, smallies and cats.

Tunrevir~

Croixflats, sorry to hearabout the shoulder but depending on the grade seperation you could be back on the water within a week or two. I seperated mine last year on the 5th of July. had to have my buddies fight most of the fish on Lake Michigan but not this year! Good luck with that.

Tunrevir~

Thanks, tunrevir

You heading back to Lake Michigan this year. Did you a charter out there or did you guys have your own boat. Do you fish for the salmon or what ever big fish that hits. One of these days Id like to make it out there.

Salmon off my buddies boat but this is my maiden voyage with my boat. All rigged and redy to rock. Get over there and try it you will make it an annual event!

Tunrevir~

Sounds like we will get some wide and varied reports back after the fourth! This is awsome! Guys and Gals, be safe out there, obey the laws and look for others you can help out while on the water as some of these folks don't get out often. Keep them coming!

Tunrevir~

No where, don't own a boat, and if I did I wouldn't even go fishing cuz everyone and their grandma is going to be out with this nice weekend. So I will take the high road and be with the family and tie some flys, get things ready for bow hunting, and fall fishing as well. I've slaughtered my fair share of fish already this spring and early summer, so missing this weekend or the next 2 or 3 isn't going to hurt my feelings.

Staying in town so local lakes. Saturday will probably be Tonka - get on very early and fish while everyone is recovering from the celebration on the 4th and get off before the cabin cruisers start rolling around. Not sure about Sunday.