• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another generator ??

upnorth

Question

I stumbled on an off brand Generator called Boliy. The claim is 3000 watts continuous, and 3300 surge. All the report say it is a quiet as Honda or Yamaha. It is a China knock off and I can get it for a about $1000 delivered.

boliy-specifications.jpg

I found about it at an RV dealership and I am not sure if I want to go that route or stay with a smaller yamaha or honda.

Anyone have any experience with these or even thoughts about going with something like this as compared with the tried and true. As you can guess I am sitting on the fence on this.

I have been mining info on the web on the boliy product and the downfall is getting parts and service. Most had no problems, but those that did said it took days to even contact someone to ask questions. That is what finally made me decide on something else.

If I am out trying to enjoy myself, I don't want a self imposed headache, I have enough frustration in my life crazy

I just ordered up the Yamaha 2400 it has a peak of 2800 watts so it should do what I want it to do. If not there is a way to hook to together and double the watts.

EF2400iS is the model.

I read the chart and I am aware that peak power is for a very short lived period of time. The continuous power rating for that model is 2400 watt.

Looks like that should be a pretty nice generator.

I'm tossing between the Honda EU2000 and the EU3000. I'd also consider the Yamaha, but I have access to an employee discount on the Hondas.

I really want the 3,000 watts for some home backup stuff too, but the 130lbs dry weight of the EU3000 sure is a consideration for portability. The Yamaha looks like a really nice balance between all of that.

That is what I am looking at. I looked at the weight too, that is one of the things that made that boliy generator looks so good, I just couldn't get past the poor support network. The nice thing about the yamaha is the 2400 watt compared to the 2000 for about the same price.

I am not sure of the price, but you could hook 2 of the eu2000s in tandem, I could have sworn that I seen them at a local store for about $875 per and that would give 4000 watts. And you wouldn't on heavy thing to carry around, you would have two lighter devices to carry around.

Honda EU3000 is about $1800. The one mentioned is not as quiet as a Honda, but they do well. My father in law just bought one a few weeks ago. We had it side by side with a Honda EU3000.

The Honda is heavier and needs two people to move, but it also has a battery with a key start and is much quieter. The Boliy was lighter and a little louder, but not bad at all. It is a good alternative to the Honda for the price.

That is another consideration, the EU3000 has the best specs for quiet of them all, by a fair margin too.

I wonder how much weight could be shed from the EU3000 by removing the battery? I'd think it's not a very large battery, but giving a pull or two on the rope is no big deal to me.

EDIT: Eh, Owner's Manual say 8Ah battery, so not too much weight savings to remove it.

I just got the yamaha yesterday(2 days from the time I ordered it) much quicker than I expected. Put oil and gas in, fipped a few switches, pulled choke out and gave her one weak pull and she was running, I was impressed. Even had the wife try it and she was able to start it one pull. Haven't really put it to the test other than putting my 14 amp(1680 watts) circular saw on it giving it a spin, but it barely made it groan at all. It's pretty darn quit too, had it running on the deck and was in the house listening to the TV with the just the screen door and open windows between it and me, you could hear it but it was not bad at all, the local kids make more noise than that did.

The only thing for me with the 3000 watt generators is that weight. Most are 130# + and there would be no way my wife and a friend would be able to get that out of the truck and on the ground with out hurting themselves or the Generator. If this doesn't work there is always the piggy backing a pair of 2000 watt generators together.