• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time..

Bobby Bass

Time....

I walk into the darken bedroom feeling my way across the wood floor. I drag my feet looking to bump into anything with my toes before tripping on them. Making my way to the window I pull the curtain to one side and raise the mini blinds to eye level. Looking out under the pine branch that blocks my view of the lake I can see the calm water of Lake Iwanttobethere. Making a mental note that I need to trim that branch from the cabin I turn and look down at my son sleeping. Like so many other days gone by he looks the same. Resting on his side, arm under his head he sleeps the sleep of the young. I watch for a moment like parents do. A small smile on my face as a flood of memories comes to mind. The little scar over the eye brow from when he fell on his bike. Another on his hand from when he fell in the wood pile. I watch as his chest rises and falls.

His boots with socks resting on top sit at the side of the bed. His fishing rod and the old metal fishing tackle box that grandpa left him rest in the corner. A plug already tied on the rod so he won't have to do it when we get to the boat. I should wake him so we can get on our way but these times are few and far between for us. He is getting older and we don't talk as much as we used to. Thinking the fish can wait, I lean up against the cabin wall and just watch. The morning light grows brighter and I can see his eyes twitch as the light crosses his face. Slowly he opens his eyes and says " Morning" I say "Morning" back to him... " Time" he says. I nod yes..

He swings his feet out from under the covers and sits on the edge of the bed. " I'll go wake your grand sons" he says. " No, let me do it" I say... from Lake Iwanttobethere

Very nice writing. I have a young daughter and enjoy the Daddy is the greatest right now. I have older parents and can relate to what you are saying, only because after having my own, I get it now. Thanks for the story.

That was a great story. Coming from a new dad of a very happy 7 month old, there's nothing like just watching him sleep from time to time. And the smile he gets when he wakes up and sees daddy there is priceless. I wouldn't change it for anything.....