Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeremy airjer W

Sebring evap core replacemant

9 posts in this topic

Chrysler evap cores are always fun! This was the first one I have done on a Sebring. It took me about 8 hrs to complete. Just thought you might like to see how these are done?

This is what I need to replace, the A/C Evaporator Core.

sebevap.jpg

Step one remove the intake plenum.

sebintake.jpg

To get at the heater hoses. There are two, only the top one is visible.

sebhoses.jpg

This is the dash as it looks normally

sebstart.jpg

The dash with the a pillar trim, forward dash trim panel, Side panels, radio, HVAC control head, center counsel, glove box, knee panel, floor ducts, electrical connectors, and steering wheel removed.

sebdashapart.jpg

The dash rotated back and resting on the front seats.

sebdashout.jpg

Finally the HVAC assembly is accessible!

sebhvacin.jpg

A dozen screws to replace the evap core in the assembly and then reinstall.

sebhvac.jpg

I'd scrap the ac and roll down the windows.

Top would be down all the time if it were mine grin

These are a major pain and the same time, a good money maker. The first one always has a learning curve (I thought they paided around 6.0-6.5, but this could have been warr. time or I could be way off). How much did it pay Jer?

Down at RCP, we had a little guy who did these day in and day out (warr. and customer pay). It became gravy to him. He had it down to about 2.5 to 3.0 hours by the time he was hooking up the A/C Machine.

Great post Airjer smile.

If anyone tries this, let us know how it goes.

Book time is 4.6 hours. It took me about an hour to find one hidden bolt that secured the assembly to the dash frame.

The final bill was around $1,400. It sure blew cold when I was done!!! grin

I swear back when I used to book these jobs out, they used to pay much more. When the learning curve is figured out, even none factory guides drop time I have found.

Good you took these images. You can use them for ref. next time. Just a basic run threw I think would jog the mind.

If I remember, the secrete trick/tool was on of those 6"-7" Phillips screw drive tips and a cordless drill grin. It may have been used for that screw that gave you trouble.

I have that phillips bit in my blue point cordless!! The hidden bolt was behind the air duct cowling that provided flow to the center ducts. It was impossible to see with the duct in place. No mention of that in the useless directions. There where three bolts that held the cowling in place and then access to the 10mm head bolt was possible.

As far as tools anybody could do it. A stubby phillips, regular sized phillips or cordless screwdriver, A 1/4" ratchet, 10 mm deep socket, 8mm deep socket, A 3/8" ratchet, 12mm shallow swivel, 12 mm regular socket, 13mm regular socket, two disconnect tools for the a/c lines (the only thind the average guy would not have but are inexpensive and available at better parts/tool stores), a pair of pliers, a 16mm wrench, a 19mm wrench, and a 3/8" torque wrench was all that was needed

boy do i love working on the chryslers. had the pleasure to work on a 300m last week to do a ps pump for a few dollars more they could allow an extra 2 inches to get the mounting bolts out instead increase the time to remove the fan assembly. gotta admit wonder what goes thru the big wig engineers of some vehichles. LOL

Wow.

I'd scrap the ac and roll down the windows.

I'd scrap more than the a/c............

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Popular Now

• 2 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

8. Neither candidate looks even remotely close to being "presidential".

Mike

• You mean all the things that Trump failed to bring up? He spent a lot of time interrupting and not giving any specifics about his supposed plans so he may as well have been bringing up these topics. 

Hillary whiffed it too by failing to bring up the wall and who is going to pay for it. 

These 2 are such morons they can't even slander each other very well.

My takeaways:

1. Hillary Clinton is a terrible speaker. She not only makes me want to fall asleep when she talks but she also makes me want to vomit.

2. Hillary has very little of substance to say anyway.

3. The amount of lies, half-truths and deflecting coming out of both candidates mouths also makes me want to hurl.

4. Trump looked like a fool on the "looks vs. stamina" question, the "stop and frisk" discussion, and his description of the "birther" issue, 

5. Hillary looked like a fool on the "trade" issue.

6. Both candidates are just saying what they think people want to hear.

7. Trump actually did much better than I expected but still came across as a lying, bumbling fool.

8. Neither candidate looks even remotely close to being "presidential".

Edited by Big Dave2
    • Lots of good info. I use the Z-man ones too mostly. I do wish they had better hooks. Had a good night with them tonight! I'm starting to like them cause you can use them like a jig also, yet fish them fast when needed.

I have a couple of the Project Z ones,which seem built better, but also cost more. They are 3/4oz, so I use them in a little deeper waters.

• 11 minutes ago, Nick Kuhn said:

Trump tried to explain how he would resolve racial tensions by using "stop and frisk" (a policy that discriminates against blacks and was ruled unconstitution) and also somehow thought talking about how letting blacks into his $100,000 initial membership fee golf club was a good analogy for how he would help inner city blacks.

That's 5 star feed for the angry, battered, fed up cattle who lean con.

13 minutes ago, Nick Kuhn said:

Trump admitted to not paying any taxes: "That's just being smart" - "They would have been squandered if I did pay them"

It is. I wish I had a loop hole.

14 minutes ago, Nick Kuhn said:

Trump said of entering the mortgage business before the housing collapse "That's just good business". Trump Mortgage LLC went bankrupt in 2007, before the housing collapse.

It is. If I had serious capitol at that point, I would of bought, bought, bought.

15 minutes ago, Nick Kuhn said:

Trump questioned Clinton's health/stamina, even though he had the sniffles, consumed a great deal of water, and was leaning against the podium to remain upright (Clinton never coughed, leaned on the podium, or drank any water for the entire duration).

He is 70 and been on the road for quite some time. I give it to him. Not bad for an old timer.

Maybe Clinton is antibodied, steroided out.

Pretty sure they gave her what ever she need to to get her through that debate and debunk and quell any idea of health concerns..if there happened to be a health concern. Which I have no idea obviously.

• That gin I put in my feeder must've confused the little buggers and they flew north! ;)

• You mean all the things that Trump failed to bring up? He spent a lot of time interrupting and not giving any specifics about his supposed plans so he may as well have been bringing up these topics.  Hillary whiffed it too by failing to bring up the wall and who is going to pay for it.  These 2 are such morons they can't even slander each other very well. My takeaways: 1. Hillary Clinton is a terrible speaker. She not only makes me want to fall asleep when she talks but she also makes me want to vomit. 2. Hillary has very little of substance to say anyway. 3. The amount of lies, half-truths and deflecting coming out of both candidates mouths also makes me want to hurl. 4. Trump looked like a fool on the "looks vs. stamina" question, the "stop and frisk" discussion, and his description of the "birther" issue,  5. Hillary looked like a fool on the "trade" issue. 6. Both candidates are just saying what they think people want to hear. 7. Trump actually did much better than I expected but still came across as a lying, bumbling fool. 8. Neither candidate looks even remotely close to being "presidential".
    • Lots of good info. I use the Z-man ones too mostly. I do wish they had better hooks. Had a good night with them tonight! I'm starting to like them cause you can use them like a jig also, yet fish them fast when needed. I have a couple of the Project Z ones,which seem built better, but also cost more. They are 3/4oz, so I use them in a little deeper waters.
    • That's 5 star feed for the angry, battered, fed up cattle who lean con.  It is. I wish I had a loop hole. It is. If I had serious capitol at that point, I would of bought, bought, bought. He is 70 and been on the road for quite some time. I give it to him. Not bad for an old timer. Maybe Clinton is antibodied, steroided out. Pretty sure they gave her what ever she need to to get her through that debate and debunk and quell any idea of health concerns..if there happened to be a health concern. Which I have no idea obviously.      
    • That gin I put in my feeder must've confused the little buggers and they flew north! 
    • So you think we deserve worse? Or you are happy with our leadership? We deserve honest politicians who work for us, again it's not a complicated idea so I'm not sure what the issue is. Do you always try and make a mountain out of a mole hill? Or just too busy defending the status quo that anyone who does not align with one of two parties needs to be questioned?
    • Both have serious issues, but with regards to last night's debate only one candidate was an utter disaster. By the end Trump could barely utter coherent sentences. It seemed he would just meander his way through words until somehow he arrived at one of the handful of talking points he wanted to get across.   Trump admitted to not paying any taxes: "That's just being smart" - "They would have been squandered if I did pay them"   Trump tried to explain how he would resolve racial tensions by using "stop and frisk" (a policy that discriminates against blacks and was ruled unconstitution) and also somehow thought talking about how letting blacks into his $100,000 initial membership fee golf club was a good analogy for how he would help inner city blacks.   Trump passed off a $14 million loan as "a small amount" like anybody can come up with that.   Trump said of entering the mortgage business before the housing collapse "That's just good business". Trump Mortgage LLC went bankrupt in 2007, before the housing collapse.   Trump suggested that China should "take care of North Korea" - which does not sit well with the 2nd most powerful country on the planet.   There was this frightening exchange: Clinton: He said, "you know if they taunted our sailors I would blow them out of the water and start another war." Trump: That would not start a war. Clinton: That is not the judgment. That is not the right temperament to be commander-in-chief to be taunted and the worst part Trump: They were taunting us.   Trump questioned Clinton's health/stamina, even though he had the sniffles, consumed a great deal of water, and was leaning against the podium to remain upright (Clinton never coughed, leaned on the podium, or drank any water for the entire duration).   Trump somehow thought wrapping up the debate with an attack on Rosie O'Donnell was in some way relevant to anything mentioned in the debate.
    • So, why do you think "we all deserve better" ?  After all, that's what you said.  
    • Well I did some looking on line and found some ideas but none I liked so I put me engineering skills to use and thought of this idea it works great going to pick up some more d rings for the deck to tie down and some of those heavy duty straps I relized I can keep my spare tire on too which makes me happy and it's not hurting the trailer at all so it works great used my old wooden ramps and I didn't need to buy a new trailer! Cost me nothing to!
    • Did you bother to read the entire quote? What part of it do you disagree with? You are now a proponent of spending money on climate change?  BTW, you are a little behind the times. You do know you are bringing up something that happened in 2011, right?
  • Our Sponsors