• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

windsheild replacement

Got a 95 f-150 and I'm wondering how hard it would be to replace the windshield with a used one. I think the cops are done giving me fix it tickets! haha. thanks

I don't think it's a good idea. I watch my installer replacing many windshields on my trucks and I wouldn't want to even think about doing same thing, I probably would end up missing some limbs.

He uses special knives to cut sealant underneath glass.

They charge approx $ 200 for a new one installed, I think a junkyard charges $ 75 for a used, you have to get the special glue, etc.

Valv is correct it is not a do it yourself job. The urethane that they use if some tough stuff to get through. It requires a couple of specialty tools that could easily cost you more than having the pro's do it. Not only that but it is not uncommon for the new windshield to break when installing it. If the glass guy does it he goes and gets another one. If you do it you get to buy another one!!