Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Foss

Mooooose!

9 posts in this topic

I was heading back from photographing yellow ladyslippers late this morning when young Mr. Moose ambled across the road in front of me.

He was in no hurry and actually started grazing in the grass 20 yards off the road, so I settled down to photograph him. A car pulled up behind me just as I was getting ready to pull out the other camera body with the 70-200 f2.8L on it, because the 400mm was too tight, when someone cupped his hands and made a cow moo out the window.

Sure nuff, young Mr. Moose immediately trotted away and into the woods, where all I could still get was a couple shots of him looking back before he took off for good.

The guy who made the cow call looked completely embarrassed, as he should have, and slunk away.

Ah, well, that's how it goes. If you're going to photograph nature along a road you have to expect stupid behavior now and then from nature's most stupid animal species. gringrin

All with the Canon 30D, Canon 400 f5.6L, iso200, 1/60 to 1/100 at f6.3, monopod

2616557402_4a99c07780_o.jpg

2615729185_2ac3a7c0e5_o.jpg

2615728155_a9422e959e_o.jpg

2616553438_92f17c5a06_o.jpg

2615724875_55923faa10_o.jpg

Sweet Pics Steve! Paging Mr. Dumass.

Steve, I love the expression on the last one. But I woudl also have to argue for the second shot as well. Both top notch. Great colors.

Second shot for me and the last shot is most likely what you wanted to do to the dude in the car. wink

Good stuff Steve. Isn't it funny how the head on those guys looks abnormally small. grin

Very nice, Steve. It seems like fewer and fewer moose are showing themselves, so any shots you can get are great shots! Looks like this fella will have some palms later in the summer.

Great shots Steve, I have been trying to get a moose on camera for ages. No luck yet! I always see them when its too dark out to shoot. Thanks for sharing, it gives me hope that they do make day time appearances...lol

I have to laugh at this.

Ah, well, that's how it goes. If you're going to photograph nature along a road you have to expect stupid behavior now and then from nature's most stupid animal species. grin grin

The other day I was down in the Sax bog and not much was to be found so I was taking pictures of a Brewers black bird when out of no where a car skids to a stop next to mine and whips out their binoculars. Of course the bird takes off, and when they figure out its just a black bird I am taking picture of they give me a look of disgust and drive off. As they drive away I notice the Maryland license plate. Must have been a couple birders looking for a yellow rail or great gray owl. Boy I must have disappointed them.

I thought maybe the expression on the last one was right when the guy made the cow call! One of those cartoon faces...

Nice series!