• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best way to hook minnows

Wookiee

Please tell me your ways you hook minnows on jigs and live bait rigs. I was hooking them lightly through the a.p. on live bait rigs and jigs through the skull cap just wondering other possible ways and hopefully get some ideas for when I use minnows again next year.

Jig = through mouth, out gill, tip over minnow and through the under-side of the head for a short shank and through the under-side of the belly for a long shank.

Riggin' = through the very tip of the center of the upper lip or the top side of the back, right in front of the tail.

The rule of thumb that has been around since Granddad's day says if you are searching for fish (trolling, horizontal jigging,etc.) hook them through the mouth. If you are on fish (vertical jigging, using a float, etc.) hook them just in back of the dorsal fin just above the anal fin.

Turns out Granddad wasn't as dumb as we always thought he was. People still use this rule and have been for many many years.

Tight Lines;

Uncle Kes