Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mudcutter

Joe Nathan

9 posts in this topic

Did a little study on Nathan since he became a Twin and a closer. Pretty impressive numbers.

Since he came to MN and a closer;

W19-L8 1.89ERA with 181saves in 197 save chances. thats .919 getting it done.

I challenge someone to find anyone better in the last 4-5 years. I'am VERY glad we have this stud to close out games when I look around and see how many teams don't have one, and blow lead after lead.

You need one come crunch time in the postseason.

Well said, hopefully we can make it to the post season and have a lead late in the game HA HA

... A little twitchy but a top 3 closer for sure...

Tonight was crazy!!! crazycrazy

He did a good job though, made things a little more exciting than they should have been, but what a game.....

just what I'am talking about. Good closers get the job done 1-2-3,, and then fold when the pressure really is on. Nathan shows time and time again, that with runners on base, He's the man.

I hope we get into the play offs with a very good team before Nathan is a old man to see just how good he really is.

What impresses me the most about Joe Cool is that's exactially what he is.

It's been a long time since I've seen a closer as calm and collected on the mound.

90+ mph heat doesn't hurt, either.

Nathan is very solid. A little twitchy but a top 3 closer for sure.

Kind of funny watching Nathan pitch with those horse-lips and that head twitch... But I doubt he's actually as nervous as he appears.