Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anchor man

Favorite Cleaning Chemical?

8 posts in this topic

So what's your favorite chemical used to get rid of the scum line-after about 2 months of sitting in the water? I've used Zing before with pretty good results, but it's tricky getting under the boat while on the trailer. I'd prefer not to have that stuff dripping on me when crawling underneath. Anyone have any secret methods??

Thanks

They only type of cleaner I've ever had good luck with is corrosive... that or an air chisel grin

that or an air chisel grin

Geeez what kinda build up you get up there in ND ??? wink

Get The Works at any store, the one in the regular bottle, not the spray type. Get a junk spray bottle (I say junk since it will be useless after), and spray the hull completely. Let it soak few minutes, and if really built up you can use a plastic brush to scrub a little.

Rinse it off well, be sure to check where you do this, it might stain concrete or asphalt.

Sharpshooter from 3M is very fast and effective on boats. Not sure where to get it for residential use, but it is the best I have seen since working at a boat factory.

The Works will definatly damage concrete and is very corrosive.

Wonderfoam, search the net you should have no trouble finding it. It is also biodegradable. I also use Restore by the same company. Best products I have used hands down.

Is it possible for the scum line to permanently stain the color of the paint regardless of which cleaner is used?