• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best carp arrow???

Just looking for suggestions on what kind of arrow/tip everyone uses. I bought the muzzy 2 prong one from cabelas and am not very pleased with it. I have had several tear offs now. Has anyone tried the pro arrow from cabelas?

get the grappler tips, i went and bought the muzzys and didnt like them. with the muzzy i was losin 35-40% of my fish and with the grappler i went down to less than 5%. just be careful on where you shoot those tips really stick.

Yeah I am typically shooting in shallow water into reeds where I go. I even get the muzzy stuck in the roots quite a bit. Do you think I will be able to pull out the grapplers in those conditions?

it all depends. but more than likely you won't be able to pull it out. i shoot the grappler tips and love them but they are a pain to get out when you shoot into reeds/cattails. i also shoot a bunch of different arrows. i have a aluminum w/ 2 carbon arrows in it, i like it alot. i have a muzzy carbon arrow which i love. harder then heck to brake, shoots straight and if you brake it muzzy will replace it. i also have the muzzy preditor which is good but i bent it one night, i kinda got it straight again. as for tips i have about 2 dozen differnt tips and i like them all but some i like more than the others. each has it's advantanges and dis advantanges.

i work at cabela's and i have never heard or seen the pro arrow. who makes it??

ya i have seen them. i like the arrow cause it's a carbon fiber/fiber glass arrow so it's nice and stiff and durable. but the point i would take off and throw away. all the fish has to do is roll and the point will loosen up and it will get off. and also the arrow has to go in at least 3 inches for the barbs to expand out.

i guess im lucky then, i have shot grapplers straight down in foot in a half of water w/ a 60lb bow and i get them out pretty easy. the one i never done is shoot in the cattails. i did that once with my muzzy and will never do that again.

yea, i got to excited when i saw a carp sittin right in the catts and shot without thinking. it took me more time than that to get it out. since my boat dont like to go into that stuff to easy, we had to get the gaff and the oar and push our way in. after that i dont shot them in that stuff.