• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

were to get bait

dan z

were can i go catch some bullheads the few spots i have been fished out/cleaned out by the dnr. i know its tough to give up bait spots but there just bullheads.

thanks set

If you want to drive a few miles, Titlow in Gaylord has some nice bullheads. You could start out by the city park by the old roller rink. One could also go around the sportsman park on the east side of the lake and then continue to the next bridge. park there and walk to the dam.

Those spots have always produced for me.

I don't know anywhere down your way, but O'Dowd lake in Shakopee has some good ones too. The problem is I think that lake might be on the infested waters list, you will want to check before going of course.

I used to get lots out of the Crow in Hutchinson, but now that they changed the dam, I don't know if that'll be a realistic possibility.

i picked up some bullheads last year out of spring lake in north mankato. there is a shelter near a ditch that runs out of spring lake, that is where i had the fastest action. you can get them all over the lake though. otherwise check the dnr HSOforum for small lakes around the area with large bullhead numbers. all you have to do is click "lake finder" then enter blue earth county and then click "go" under lake information on the next page. that has all the gill/trap net numbers for all species of fish that were caught during the latest lake survey.