• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pulling a trailer with the bike

Has anyone pulled a trailer with their motorcycle? I've seen a few of these around and having considered buying one but I've heard the bike handles a lot differently when pulling a trailer.

Obviously it would affect your stopping distance but what other things did you notice?

What about the tiny pop up camper trailers for motorcycles? I know a guy who is a pretty big guy, like me and he sleeps in his every weekend...he's a motorcycle safety instructor. I'm 6'5" tall and don't expect to fit very well in it. Any thoughts?

I have a pull type camper for my ultra, it pulls great empty but my wifey thinks i'm a pack mule so it gets over loaded. You will notice it during slow speed turns ( wants to push a bit) Best thing is NO MORE SLEEPING ON A FLAT AIR MATTRESS ON THE GROUND ! What ever trailer you get ,pack it right! too much weight in the back and it will fish tail causing the bike to do it. very dangerous. a little slower starts and more room to stop. but you get use to it.

I have pulled a small cargo trailer with my Gold Wing. No problems at all. I think it actually helps to stabilize the bike in high crosswind situations. Watch how you load it, don't get too heavy. You will feel it a little when starting out or stopping but you get used to it quickly. Watch out at the gas pumps and on tight turns so you don't hook something with it. My friend has over 100,000 miles on his Bushtec and that's his second one!

I have a pop up camper style. WARNING!!! if you get one. let the wifey know up front that you will not play pack mule. Just cause you have room for more does not mean you actually need it. I made the mistake of lettting the wifey take a lil extra a few times, now all I'm missing is gramma tied on top and i could be the Beverly Hill Billies.