• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Bog State Park Campground???

Figer8er

Hey All! Been visiting the Waskish/URL area since the early 90's and for something different am considering taking my two daughters (8&11) camping at Big Bog S.P. would like to know if you guys can answer some questions as the MN DNR HSOforum is really lacking info/pictures...

#1 Can anyone tell me if there are docks for boats on the Tamarack?

#2 Which Campsite would you recommend? Are the sites very close together? Proximity to water is important.

#3 How is the beach? Sandy and shallow/good for younger kids as I suspect?

#4 Are there better/other camping options that have lake access other than Big Bog that you recommend.

As Always Thanks in advance!!! grin

We were at Big Bog last summer. We rented one of the camping cabins but my inlaws had one of the campsites on the river. It was like the 2nd one in on the right side of the road. The fishing off the dock in the river was much better than the fishing in the lake. There are docks or if you have a smaller boat you can pull it right up on shore. The sites are plenty far apart and each has a fire pit and a picnic table. Never used the beach but it is sandy and shallow for a long ways out can get really wavy in the wind though. Take a drive to the North section and walk the Bog walk it is really interesting. Do not let the Horse Flies in the lot scare you away they are only in the lot not on the walk. Bring the bug dope the park lives up to the Bog title. They just remodeled the bath house and fish cleaning area both are very nice and they keep them clean.