• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

metro area carp fishing

Nokomis isn't too far from St. Paul if you take the parkway over. I'm not too sure about actual St. Paul lakes. Try the DNR lakefinder and type in a few names.

yeah, i've looked at the dnr web page, but i guess the dnr doesn't consider carp a real fish, because they are not listed in the netting info....

bum-mer.

i guess the dnr doesn't consider carp a real fish, because they are not listed in the netting info....

bum-mer.

Actually common carp are listed in the lake survey report for Nokomis, but carp typically don't trap net as well as other species. Same thing for other species like muskies. Gill netting is a little more effective for carp, but not necessarily an accurate measure.

the MPLS chain of lakes is a good start. Plenty of fish and good scenery. Phalen has fish too but like others said, it is choked with milfoil and other vegetation. Ever fish pool 2? plenty of guys fish carp and there are some decent spots in st. paul, like over at watergate marina.

why look for a lake when you can go to the river? if you are chasing carp you won't find anything better than the river.

Exactly. The mighty Miss is loaded with carp. I believe the Jesse Ventura episode of Kent Hrbek Outdoors was done right in St. Paul.

On the east side of nokomis there's a runoff drain going into the lake. I've seen them by the dozens right there. Some must have been 15+ pounds. I've caught some 7-pounders.