Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom7227

broken claw - big deal?

4 posts in this topic

My 11 year old brit broke a claw off yesterday. Now there is a cone of pulpy material hanging out abpit 3/8 of an inch. Not bleeding any more. Should I cut the material off, let it go, or have the vet do it. The dog doesn't seem to be bothered by it but I am concerned about infection.

Thanks for any info.

I have a yellow lab that jump off some playground equipment and his claws got stuck in the floor of it he riped off one on one side and two on the other. We just tried to keep it clean and put some peroxide on it and they grew back fairly fast called the vet and that's what they were going to do.

Well it proved to be a costly lesson. The bleeding stopped fairly quickly but started again 2 days later. I was concerned about infection and blood loss and so I took him in for the repair. They had to sedate him and it ended up costing $200. Guess not clipping the claws properly can get to be a big expense.

I've learned that if you can get out of the vet for 200 bucks or less you got a deal my dog did the same thing for a day or so but we just kept it clean as possible and it healed up and is fine now. I've had so many vet bills with him, if its possible to not go to the vet the better.Hope your dogs doing better.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• So Del is following in Down2Earth's footsteps on Trump, good to know. Hey I will take Trump over Hillary but why vote for either of them if I don't have to, why play that game?
    • At least homeboy's doom and gloom is broken up with moments of describing how personally awesome he is.
    • Better save some of that sauce to drink while watching the Cheeto train run off the tracks.
    • Where did you get this "hero" stuff,  Dave?  And Trump is different in that he had never engaged in party politics either as an office holder or a candidate, unlike all the other Republican candidates.   And as for dumb and extreme ideas being a bad thing, I thought you supported Gary Johnson?   And the two party system is a fact of life, the way elections are set up in the US with the Constitutional need for a majority not just a plurality of electors.   Perhaps somehow it could be shoehorned to be a coaliton deal, if electors were free and states weren't winner take all.   But the way it is now, it is a two party deal, just like it has been for a very long time.   No endorsement necessary to recognize the facts.  As for the opposition, I never saw #nevercruz, or #neverjeb or #neverkasich...  So how much support should candidates have to have to be included?  You want Jill Stein as well?   How about the next half dozen down the line?  Why did Gary Johnson not go for the Republican nomination anyway?   Surely Big Weed would have financed his run. 
    • Does anyone out there know if its even possible to put 2 atvs on a 6x12 anyone make some kind of deck of front to hold a wheeler I've tired every thing but know realized that i would have to pay fees and re license a new trailer which i don't want to do. If anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated!!
    • try some paint thinner it might sound harsh but it cleans and puts a shine on it also. of coarse try it on a corner first just to see it melts  
    • I hope they figure out the problem.   When I had that with charter here in Rochester, it turned out to be a poor job of putting the connector on the cable where it went into the house.  There was a little piece of foil shielding intermittently shorting out the cable inside the connector.  All from a half arsed job of installation in the first place.  
    • Couldn't the same be said for Cruz, Sanders, Paul and most of the other presidential candidates? Don't you always have to take on your own party first? Every candidate has to do it, nothing new here. Again, what candidate is not opposed by all the other candidates. The reason he is so despised by the party at large is because most sane members know that he is not capable of the diplomacy necessary to do the job.  Traditional? Wouldn't the traditional way be to try to gain the nomination of the party you were a member of when you won 2 terms of Governor? I don't see what is "traditional" about going outside of a political party that would afford you much more money and influence than a 3rd party. So Trump's a hero for trying to use a political organization to further his own agenda? Rand Paul has been trying to do what you are talking about but I don't see you gushing over him for it.  That's how it has to be done because of the corruption of the 2 party system that you are more than happy to whole heartedly endorse. Face it, Trump is no hero. He's just the latest GOP candidate with dumb and extreme ideas that the party base seems to love but no one else does. 
    • Sure del. I have 2 patches and rotate. Some years a don't need to make any. It's fine. The roots just get bigger;
  • Our Sponsors