• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question for windy

Scott K

That's just about before my time as I only go back to about 1962....Kenny Hubbs, Rookie Of The Year - then dead in a plane crash....Andre Rogers was the SS...Back to the days of Bob Buhl the worst hitting P ever (0-fer lifetime with all K's at the plate)....Brock for Broglio---DOH!

But then the summer of my discontent and broken heart - '69.

Coupla broken hearted playoff years since then too.

Still a lifer...no bandwagon for this old fart.

I thought you were on my side Pier.

I am Geno..even the best teams in baseball lose 60 games a year.

8-0 Sox..... the Cubs just got screwed on a call at third.

Hawk and that other clown announcer are embarassing to say the least.

Oh Geno,

Looks like I am the puppy with two peters this weekend! My Pale Hose rocked the Cubbies pitchers, even the great Marmol and our bullpen just shut the Cubbies DOWN. And don't even get me started about Joe Crede, what a play at third with the bags packed and 1 out, play of the game IMO.

I might be axing to borrow the ole O Cedar from you tomorrow Geno, I know it was only used a week ago! LOL

Windy

Windy

Not to bring up an old out of place topic but, I just wanted to thank Geno, Windy and the others for the info for this family trip! The whole family had a great time!

We started off going to the Brookfield Zoo on Thursday, we spent almost the entire day there, and we went fast through the Zoo, we could have easily spent a few more hours there, but it closed at 5pm, and it was starting to rain. We then were going to go to the race track, but as I said it started to rain! So we went shopping at some outlet store in Aurora, then went back to the motel and let the kids swim.

Friday we went to the race track for a few hours during the morning until mid day, it was hot! So we decided to go into Chicago and be tourists! We first went to the Sears Tower. I thought it was cool! The site is unbelievable! I thought the wife and kids might have thought it was lame, but they thought it was great as well, and only costed $60 for the 5 of us. Spendy for a site, but everything is! We then went to the Planetarium, I thought that was lame, but the kids thought it was awsome! I couldnt wait to get out of there, and the kids didnt want to leave. We then drove by the Navy Peir but didnt stop because it was almost 8pm at this point, we then went back to the motel and ate and crashed.

Saturday was race day, we did the track stuff, t-shirts, caps, and other over priced stuff. We then went to the pits with the kids got some pictures, autographs, then we went back to the car and had something to eat, then to our seats for the race. I am not a huge Nascar fan, and I have been to a few races, but it was our kids first race. I thought they would get bored being its a 3+hour race, they were into it the entire time.

The trip was a success, thanks for the info and tips! One thing, you would think with all the money taken in in toll charges they could fix those darn roads a little faster!

Wandering,

That description rivals any vac I've ever had with my family.

Congrats, as those memories will last a long time for them.

You deserve a pat on the back for being a great Dad - fun for all. But don't get used to it....kids will change and besides that now you'll always have to keep trying to top it some way as the years go by fast while they grow up. Good Luck.

Hope you got lots of pics too.

PS Yep, roads are real bad after all the snow plowing from this past really, really snowy winter. I even had to get a new tie rod on my car after several potholes took their "toll". Nyuk, nyuk.