• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Recent work-Mostly flash work

Haven't had much time to shoot any outdoors related stuff, but I've been extremely busy with my work. Been branching out into some areas using flash and strobes in addition to a lot of action work and many posters. Here is a small sample of some of that work. Sorry it isn't a bird or animal but its something.

Senior shots for a softball team. Shot during the middle of the day, pretty much straight out of the camera.

297250199_fWTRh-L.jpg

Another version of the senior shot.

297250222_bZq9c-L.jpg

Some playing around test shots for a couple of upcoming shoots involving softball, golf and tennis. Again pretty much straight out of the camera. A little more refinement to come smile

319586346_ygMrV-XL.jpg

319586249_23czp-XL.jpg

Thanks all for the comments. LeeKen no trade secrets here, done very simply. I used glow sticks taped to the bat, next time I will use rope lights that plug in for brighter light. Set the aperture wide open, f4 on the 17-40. ISO 100 and a shutter speed of around 10-15 seconds.

I just had her swing slow and I counted to just a second or two before the time was up and fired a flash with a Pocket Wizard that was on a stand about 8' in front of her set to 1/16 power. You could just walk over and manually fire the flash as well so you don't need special triggers, I tend to be lazy and like technology smile

Doesn't matter what the subject is doing until the flash is fired. In fact in a few shots I used a small flashlight and painted around her, walked out of the frame and fired the flash. You can see my light trail but not me.

I have a series of shots that need to be done and I thought this might make for a different look, so this is experimental and in the test phase. I am also going to try a gel on the flash, to warm the skin tones a bit.