• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to make pictures smaller

Hey guys,

I'm trying to decrease the size of a picture and have no idea how. I open the picture and go to edit....really see nothing that will make the picture smaller. Can anyone help?

Yep, you can size it to 750 pixels on the long side before mounting it on an online photo sharing site like flickr or photobucket, or you can just upload the original jpeg to one of those sites and let them downsize it for you.

Do they automatically downsize any download? I've been thinking my photos don't look as crisp when I post them on this site as they do on my desktop from my photo editing software, or is this my imagination? If they do this, it would reduce they size print I can have made, wouldn't it?

I use flickr, and if you upload a full-sized image it gives you several size choices when it comes to posting them online. All the choices are much smaller than a full-sized file.

I don't know if the file remains full-sized on the hosting site.