Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
ChemE

Hair Rig Questions

I've been experimenting with this rigging technique lately. I am still not convinced that I understand how to effectively create a stop on the end of the hair. I've checked out many knot tying sites as well as youtube videos that attempt to show the knot but they really don't succeed in explaining or demonstrating how to construct the stop. Most sites claim you need to tie a small loop in the end of the hair. Is this a permanent loop that you can then thread a chunk of the hair through to make a cinch around a stopper? Or, is that loop some sort of slip knot that can be loosened to remove the stopper when fresh bait needs to be threaded onto the hair? Or is it used in some other way entirely? I've had the most success by tying the rig with a loop of line as the hair and then girth hitching a stopper to it. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Hello. It is kind of hard to explain so here is a link with descriptions and pictures which should help you.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

This is the same hair rig I use for Carp fishing, works great. If you have any more questions just ask.

I did a little more investigating of hair rig photos. It looks like I was making my life more complicated than it should have been. It appears that once the bait is threaded onto the hair and a stopper device is placed into the loop at the end of the hair, the bait is then pushed back down the hair, over the knot, and against the stop. This is making sense now.

For anyone that uses a hair rig, do you experience much premature destruction of the bait because it has slide over the larger knot of the hair loop?

For anyone that uses a hair rig, do you experience much premature destruction of the bait because it has slide over the larger knot of the hair loop?

It depends on the bait you are using. Corn can get a bit damaged from the knot but not too bad. I mainly use Corn with hair rigs, but also use boilies which work well.

I'm not sure if you've read up on this already but you will also need to buy a bait needle. This will be needed to thread you're bait on to the hair rig.

Thanks for the tip. I've been using the wire from a twist tie as my threader but I think I'll cash my stimulus check and spend the 2 bucks to get a bait needle.