• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stratagies for bucks in farm country????

Hey all,

So I recently moved form the north woods down to farm country. I am really looking forward to bow hunting down here, but I think I have a lot of misconceptions about hunting farm country. Like, it's going to be easy to get a deer! lol!

Anyway, I will be exclusively hunting WMAs and I have done a little bit of scouting last winter and this spring. A few of them abut fields of corn, and other 'stuff'(don't know my crops yet)

Any advice as to how the bucks roll down here? Their patterns, movements, ect..I'm sure it's a whole new game compared to the north woods. Should I think a lot more about hunting from the ground?

Anyone familiar with my area that can give me any advice?

Is it a total waste of time trying to get permission to hunt on private land, or is that yet another misconception I have??

C'mon! Let's start talkin bucks!!!!! wink

Save your vacation time and hunt the rut hard. Other option is spend some time scouting and find an early season food pattern and be ready opening weekend - they don't last long.

Thanks Cooter!

What is the progression of food sources? Is it the crops that are harvested first? What food sources do the deer key in on as the fall begins?

Thanks for the help!

B Amish nailed the beans on the head - typically here in WI they will be green and attractive for about the first week of bowseason. And farm country or not, don't overlook acorns.