Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
purpel sock hat 1

island lake by moose lake

11 posts in this topic

I was there from opener to the 15 with my grandapa. Only fished two or three hours a day. Caught a 41 incher on a jackpot, and had one other miss, but for the most part follows on jerkbaits. Good Luck!

Will be up there in few weeks. Is weeds thick yet? What's water clarity like? Haven't been up there for awhile. Jus wish they stock muskies in sturgeon lake as well.

I was also out there for opener and didnt see much what side of lake did u get that 41

The thickest weeds that I found were around the actual island, the north end by the highway, and some shorelines. They aren't green, but it's thick cabbage. I got the fish on the lakes East side along the shoreline weeds about half an hour from dark.

yea i also saw fish on the east side ther are great weeds there and the fish that I saw was around 40 inch so maybe same fish but probably not I never fish that island I just never see fish there and its always getting pounded what type of boat do you have maybe i saw you out there

We were fishing out of a Red Lund Angler with a 40 merc, we talked with one other boat at the landing and they said they saw 5 fish all on one glide bait. The island is usually being pounded, but i did have about a 40 follow twice on the west side of the island. The biggest i saw was about a 47 in 2 fow in a small bay on the SE end. We threw the kitchen sink at her, but she just swam off. THat was the warmest water i saw at 47 degrees.

yea I think I might of saw you when u were on the south end I also had a huge fish follow on the south end i was saying 47-48 lazy follow then swam off when i first saw it i saw u out in deep water we were on the shore line and u were out from us It maybe wasnt u but it was a red lund

Sorry about my last post, that is 67 degrees, not 47. That probably was us in the lund. That shoreline to the west of the landing is where we were fishing when there was 2 boats in by shore. We had a follow in 21 fow on a DCG when we were out there. Probably just a high cruiser. Were there 3 guys in your boat, or just 2, because one boat had 2 and one had 3.

yea it was 3, Yea it had to of been you I saw becasue I saw u doing a 8 for awhile in that deep stuff its weird casue we were like what could he be fishing out there? do u always fish that spot or were u just trying it

No, since there was a couple of other boats on that shore we were going to cut over to that point. Since we've noticed muskies suspend in spring we thought we might as well fish it. We've done some open water trolling this year with no success, but we've caught fish in fall doing that.