• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which River?

TMF89

Do you guys prefer to fish? The Minnesota, or the Mississippi? I was out on the Minnesota last night, and we didn't see a fish or get a run. Should I just try putting in more time in those same 5-10 spots (between Shakopee/Savage and a little ways below the Cedar bridge), or should I try to start learning the Sippi'? We're mainly fishing for flatties, but probably hit the channels too.

I like the Snake, though I guess I'm biased since I own a place on it. I've never caught a flathead on it, and I've never caught maore than 3 channels in one day though I'm an inexperienced cat fisherman. I did get two 31"ers last year, and I caught a 27" Saturday afternoon on a leech and bobber with 6lb test in what I thought would be a good bass spot.

I have only fished for catfish on the Minnesota and have no complaints with it. I know people who do fish the Mississippi but my choice is the Minnesota.

As far as the bite of late, the last two nights we have caught and released 17 flatheads from 10-52#'s and a total of approx 350#'s. It looks that they may be just starting to spawn with some fish being marked up.

If you take the time to learn the Minnesota for flatheads and channels, it will treat you right. Some do very well on the sippi also.