• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I guess you really can't say those were bad nights (pics added)

DTro

That was the quote of the night tonight.

The bite was on for us the past two nights boating 17 fish and over 350 pounds!

Those fish included a 52,38,36,32,28,25,25,23,21,20 and a handful of smaller ones.

The water temp was 73 to 74 degrees, and the first roughed up flats of the year were caught meaning that the spawn is probably getting under way.

Water has dropped a couple of feet and the river is looking good. Hopefully the bite will stay hot for a few more days. As long as the weather holds, I think it should.

Hopefully I can get some rest here and post some pics of some of the larger fish tomorrow sometime.

yeah, I'm really going to start paying more attention to my line. I've never had so many break-offs.

I can only attribute it to a few things.

Fishing in rocks that create nicks

Worn from age/use

Worn from sinker

Nick caused from unknown source

My hunch is that it's just from plain old getting used a lot. Once I stripped off a few yards, the line looked better and no more break-offs.

yeah, I'm really going to start paying more attention to my line. I've never had so many break-offs.

My hunch is that it's just from plain old getting used a lot. Once I stripped off a few yards, the line looked better and no more break-offs.

Maybe after every 50-75 flatheads you should get new line....or every 3rd 50 pounder.... wink

Add in a few breakoffs on snags, a couple bullies firing off when one doesn't release the spool on the reel before casting, a few bullies getting knocked off on wood while repositioning bait, a couple breakoffs on fish, etc...

and to think that was all from the same one guy whistle

not to mention the same guy having a wardrobe malfunction grin

BTW, there was another Samsquatch sighting last night. I need to take a look at the photo I got, I may have to add some shading to make it PG-13 wink

Quote:
BTW, there was another Samsquatch sighting last night. I need to take a look at the photo I got, I may have to add some shading to make it PG-13

That guy again grin

Sounds like you guys did in fact have a good time.

Waiting for the images grin

Those fish gotta be screaming uncle by now the way you guys are hurtn em in that stretch of the river. Good Job. Nice Photos....that one your holding Dtro the flash didnt go off on camera or your holding 50 lbs of nighttime, very dark fish.