• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Get the lead out program How does it work???

Christopher Quast

I'm interested in this can someone explain to me how this event works. Do they give you back the same axact amount of tackle you turn in and if I go in there with my box full of jigheads will they exchange them all or how does it work exactly? Thanks

I have had Mike with the MPCA out for the last 2 years in a row for a fishing league that I run. This is a terrific opportunity to find safe replacements for lead in the tackle box. With the tackle exchange program they won't typically give you an even exchange of 1 for 1, but they are usually pretty liberal with the free stuff and have alot of variety in the substitute products available.

Give it a shot, what can it hurt? How many of us have all kinds of different lead we never use in our boxes? Take that to an exchange program and give the new, safe stuff a try! It's free!

They normally don't give you the same amount back for what you turn in. Its supposed to jump start the process in your tackle box. But it is free, and a great way to start replacing the lead stuff in your tackle box with non-lead. If you want some websites with non-lead options shoot me an email and I can send you some links. I run the exchange program year round, at Lebanon Hills Regional Park Visitor Center in Eagan, I recommend not turning in your entire tackle box, because I don't have enough non-lead here to replace all that. But if you bring in a decent amount I try to match it as best I can.