• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

boat cleaning

Question

12 answers to this question

Go to your grocery store, or Walmart and buy The Works, toilet and bowl cleaner.

It's the best stuff and works really good.
I use a spray bottle, spray it, let it bubble up 5 minutes, maybe scrub a little with a plastic brush, then rinse it off.

Beware fumes are nasty, do it outside.

That's the cheapest cleaner I've found, and it works on aluminum or fiberglass. Hull cleaners are basically same stuff but more diluted and they cost 10 times as much.

[This message has been edited by Valv (edited 09-06-2002).]

Simple green and a brush (long handle soft bristle) works really good and will not hurt the paint. It can be mixed with water in whatever strength you need. After its clean wax that baby and it will be much easier the next time around.

Anyone ever try any kind of a degreaser on their boat? My rear main seal was leaking on my truck on the last trip we took and there is oil residue all over the front of the boat and trailer. Dont know what I should use to clean it up. Thanks for any info.

Dave

The Works have no effect on stickers and decals....I should have an endorsement from mfg for this advertising... grin.gif

Honestly it's the cheapest stuff I've found around, only problem I noticed if you spray some on your arms it stings a little...

The Works is awesome stuff but as I have said before on this site - RINSE, RINSE and Rinse again and again. If there is any left on your metal it will eat it up right now. Believe me I have seen many showers ruined because of not getting it all off. I don't think it would hurt your graphics but it will eat metal.

------------------
Phyl

I had black exhaust water type marks on my motor for a couple years. Dish soap wouldn't cut it. I used "Black Streak Remover" (for campers) from places like Walmart and now the motor looks like brand new. Dissolves bugs, tar, grease. I used it on the boat in spring too. Worked great.

Gaffiti Remover seems to work well.
It also takes those bugs off of bumpers and licence plates. It is rather pricy but it is available at most cleaning supply stores.