Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spoiler

KENORA JUMBO LEECHES

12 posts in this topic

Any bait shops in the Kenora area have jumbo leeches in July?

I had a request via telephone (maybe it was you?) the other day. I called my supplier and they said our leeches simply don't get that big, on average.

There are some 4"ers in some batches, but for the most part our leeches with cooler water, shorter "growing" season are 2-3.5 inches.

thanks, that was me, i'll call ahead to get a couple pounds

Alright, the note I have here is from Scott, and you'll be up July 19...I'll keep the note handy and give you the FM rate!

Just to set your expectations appropriately, all of the leeches I've purchased in NW Ontario are the equivalent of "lake run" leeches here in the Midwest and are about 2 to 3 times the price. Expect to pay $40 on up for a pound of mixed leeches that range in size from panfish to large.

Good luck!

Comp - Tiss a long ways from home!

Cancel my order Hemlock they said they'd have all the jumbo's we needed at the resort.

Thanks

Spoiler,

Make sure that you confirm with the resort that you will getting the biggest leeches available. We try to get the biggest leeches from our supplier and we sill end up with tons of 1.5", in our bag of jumbos? For some reason they don't have leeches up here like they do in Minnesota.

I would still buy some from Hemlock, maybe he can sort some of the jumbos and at least you will have a pound or 2 of sure jumbos. I'm sure he could do this for FM member.

Good Luck

Absolutely, with a little heads up, I can personally sort through our leeches and give you the best that I've got....

Let me know.