• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Solstice ?

fishinJohn

I was born on the summer solstice and here in southern WI the sun sets officially at 8:41 now but it is light until about 9:15. When does the sun sets officially and when it is light until for those further up north?

Last night it was still somewhat dusk at 10:00pm, not totally dark yet. This morning when my alarm went off at 4:40 it was already poking daylight.

Officially, sunrise is at 5:31 and sunset at 9:15 today. I'm located in central Minnesota about 50 miles NW of St. Cloud or about 125 miles NW of Mnpls/St. Paul metro.

Bob

This is a neat topic! Oficiacally is 9:03 at Twin Cities but still light till 9:30ish. I never noticed the light change the further north I went because I never really focussed on what time of day it was. Thats until I visited my brother in

Grest Falls Montana I noticed the differance. It was light out till 11:00 pm at around this time of year. Boy with time zone change and being further north that was a mind blower.

When we used to pull plugs all night long in northern part of mn we would still see light at 11:30 in the west and you would start to see light in the east around 2:30 or 3:00. Make for a very short night in terms of total darkness.