Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinJohn

Solstice ?

6 posts in this topic

I was born on the summer solstice and here in southern WI the sun sets officially at 8:41 now but it is light until about 9:15. When does the sun sets officially and when it is light until for those further up north?

Last night it was still somewhat dusk at 10:00pm, not totally dark yet. This morning when my alarm went off at 4:40 it was already poking daylight.

Officially, sunrise is at 5:31 and sunset at 9:15 today. I'm located in central Minnesota about 50 miles NW of St. Cloud or about 125 miles NW of Mnpls/St. Paul metro.

Bob

This is a neat topic! Oficiacally is 9:03 at Twin Cities but still light till 9:30ish. I never noticed the light change the further north I went because I never really focussed on what time of day it was. Thats until I visited my brother in

Grest Falls Montana I noticed the differance. It was light out till 11:00 pm at around this time of year. Boy with time zone change and being further north that was a mind blower.

When we used to pull plugs all night long in northern part of mn we would still see light at 11:30 in the west and you would start to see light in the east around 2:30 or 3:00. Make for a very short night in terms of total darkness.

I was up at 4 yesterday and already getting light out in St. Paul. Was dark after I went to bed at 9.

i noticed in duluth in early june that light was coming in at around 4:30. That was kind of crazy for me to experience.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I'm an elitist because I don't care for your loud-mouthed spoiled rich kid candidate who was delivered to kindergarten classes in a limo. dohkay....
    • Never mind, found a thread on this topic in bowhunting forum.  Apparently depends on what kind of public land whether semi or permanent stands are ok.  
    • Little update: water temp. is hanging around 64-67 right now. A lot of the thick milfoil mats are starting to turn brown. The great fall bite is getting ever so close! 
    • He's outside the political box but kind of like Hillary, a lot of the country hates them or doesn't trust them and really why would they? Seems like now more than ever would be the year for a 3rd party to step up but with this 2 party monopoly and 2 party media we won't get an honest answer until the votes are counted. A long shot for sure but things are shaping up nicely for a lot of people to jump to a 3rd party.
    • Picked up a couple decoys this weekend
    • Step 1 go to your bathroom. Step 2 turn on the light. Step 3 walk in and look in the mirror.
    • On sale is good but since I would have to carry them in and set the up opening morning I don't want to haul a piano in there. We have hunted this spot for about 18 years without seeing a person, now it's getting hard to trust the area.  We think it may be a local that comes during the week with a bolt cutters and cuts the lock cables. Kind of suks.  Will head over to Fleet and check them out. Thanks.
    • I buy whatever is on sale, but dont much care about portability or weight.  Just got some big game 32" sticks for $13 each at farm n barn.  They work fine for my purposes.
    • We had a good opener in Ashby! Kids shot a lot and even got a few  If adults would have been shooting it would have been limits of teal and possibly even some divers. Kids got to drive the trucks around the farm, shoot .22's, shoot some trap and even learned how to row a boat and retrieve ducks, and also how to pick up and wrap decoys. Saturday we saw lots of ducks and had the teal coming right into the decoys perfect. Sunday was not nearly as many ducks and the ones that did come just buzzed us. Had to leave at 8:30 due to kids sports in the afternoon. Great weekend!
  • Our Sponsors