Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jakemcarroll

Portable boat

8 posts in this topic

I've recently downsized by cars due to long commutes and no longer have a tow vehicle, so I'm looking for suggestions for a portable (preferably two person) fishing boat that can either be car-topped or is inflatable. Thanks for the help, love the site, sometimes it's a miracle I can get any work done!

There is actually a boat out there called a Porta Boat. You can google it and see. I was going to get one a while ago but got a different boat. I've seen them around here out fishing and they are pretty cool. Not sure what your budget is, but for the money they are nice.

X2 grin

Im picking up a 14' Alumacraft tomorrow. the whole combo cant weigh more then 5-600lbs.

Father-in-law has a Porta Boat and likes it. Pretty cool thing and fairly stable. He uses it in the Gulf (inland waterway) and other lakes when using the motor home.

I recentely just bought a innflatable boat, and love it. I went to a gander, and got the "3" person boat, called, the challenger for $50. it fits two with gear somewhat comfortable. I think its a good deal.

As others have said, there's no reason you couldn't pull a lighter weight boat behind a car - something simple - bench seats, motor, battery & gas tank, but I think it'd be better than fishing out of a inflatable boat (no offense) or the collapsible boat.

marine_man

here is my "new" boat. its a 68 Alumacraft and has a 6HP Johnson. I pull it behind my Ford Ranger. I really dont see the need for an inflatable. I can shove this thing on and off the trailer myself and Im only 150lbs. put a hitch on your car and pick up something like this.

IMG_1405.jpg