Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishcast

topwater questions

3 posts in this topic

Just looking for opinion on how affective topwaters usually are mid-day with bright skies or if its more of a low light lure?

I won't hesitate to throw topwaters at any time of the day. I know a guide who swears by topwaters during the prime sun of the day. I have caught fish using Jackpots during the daytime as well. Some guides will almost always have someone throwing topwater at all times. Usually if I am throwing topwaters during the daytime with high skies, I will always make sure that the lure has an extreme amount of flash to it. Probably the favorite is blue/silver or black/silver Jackpot, as I think that the flash and movement of the lure will do more for attraction than noise during the high skies of afternoon.

For me I usually never throw tops on the sunny days I like low light. But like musky 18 said anytime can be good topwater the other day we were throwing dogs cranks bucktails jerk-baits did not see a fish for 6 hrs put a prop on my buddy kinda gave me a funny look 10min later 35" grabed it at the boat. sunny 1pm