• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fun weekend with the Walleyes

Lisa and I got a late start on Saturday (let her sleep in because she had a long and stressful week)so we got on the water around 11 and tried a couple of spots and caught a couple of perch so tried one more spot and right away I had a bite and it ended up being my season best 29". I released it and got us back on the spot and right away had another bite and it was a 25" which I released. By this time the wind really started to blow to the point that my 55 pound thrust trolling motor could not keep up and we decided it just was not worth it and the bite seemed to shut down.

We got a better start on Sunday and went right back to the same spot and made a couple of passes with out any success and then I finally got one and it was a 25" and that was at 10:15 and at 10:55 I got a 24" and at 11:05 I got another 25" before things shut down. I feel bad that Lisa did not get one but I remember when she kicked my behind on the Lakers so I don't feel that bad. grin

P.S. I am really glad I taught her how to use the camera and that you should never chop off the tail of the fish or the fisherman's head.

29" IMG_2624ppcrop.jpg

25" IMG_2633ppcrop.jpg

24"

IMG_2643ppcrop.jpg

25"

IMG_2645ppcrop.jpg

25"

IMG_2647ppcrop.jpg

Sorry about the size but me and photobucket are having some problems.

Jim, I know you are a good fisherman and a great guy cause Lisa told me so, but everytime I look at your avatar I think one thing...Pro Wrestler. A cross between Jesse the body and Hulk Hogan, oh yeah Paul Tuetel Sr. from American Chopper too.

Jim, I know you are a good fisherman and a great guy cause Lisa told me so, but everytime I look at your avatar I think one thing...Pro Wrestler. A cross between Jesse the body and Hulk Hogan, oh yeah Paul Tuetel Sr. from American Chopper too.

I was just just thinking the same thing. Hulk Hogan grin

Quote:
P.S. I am really glad I taught her how to use the camera and that you should never chop off the tail of the fish or the fisherman's head.

definitley true..I think it goes the same with hunting in someway. Looks like you had a good time catching some dandies.

Hey, you know what? When you got great subjects-it's easy!! Handsome guy and gorgeous walleye! What more could a gal want?

One tip Jim did give me was to put the flash on even if it's a bright day so there wasn't any face shadows and then focus the lens on the fish and then when focused, move up to his face and voila! Great photo! I kinda screwed up a couple without that flash and it makes such a difference.