Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

How to create an @mention - Click Here   07/16/2015

You can use the @mention aspect whenever you want someone to be notified about a post or let them know you are talking about them. Type the @ symbol type in a couple "lowercase" letters pause then once the names pop-up either select or keep typing in letters to narrow down the list until you get the @mention name you are looking for. You can play a game so members can see how it works. If you want to practice or If your name has been @mentioned below you should see it in your notifications (upper right) and you then have to @mention one or two members who haven't been mentioned inthe comments section below. Let's see how long we can keep this going. Anyone who duplicates a name that has already been @mentioned loses. This is the first group to be @mentioned to get the ball rolling: @Borch @Scott K @Corey Bechtold @Matt Johnson @mrklean @eyeguy 54 @Finns @IceHawk @MarkB @Cliff Wagenbach @Wayne Ek
Sign in to follow this  
Catmendo

Warblers...

I managed a couple of decent results on the warbler's this morning. Of the multitude of warbler species in the region, I had to refer to the book to identify this one.

Difficult angle from to below, but from what I can gather this is a Bay-brested warbler. They are not nearly as common as this next guy depicted in the 2nd frame below.

270_7053-1.jpg

Yellow warbler....(male)

271_7114-1-1.jpg

271_7113-1-1-1.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• We saw some good bucks this weekend but couldn't quite seal the deal on any of them...my son smoked his second one with the ML this afternoon after talking me in to going out when we should have been packing to leave for home...(: found a big deadhead this morning too...deer were super spooky but saw plenty...time to pack all the hunting gear away and focus on ice!! 
    • I know, you hear about them everyday in the News burning and terrorizing the good atheist folks of Belle Plaine MN.
    • Are the houses built on an order basis only?   How long did your build take from order to delivery?
    • The one I installed in my previous house was the same way. Like Tom said, be sure to watch the humidity levels. When they get too high you can start to get mold growth. I always watched the windows. When they'd start to get a lot of condensation on them I'd turn it down.   Be sure to check the filter at least once a year. I lived in town and still had to replace the filter every year because of buildup on the filter. When it would get clogged the water would pretty much run straight down to the drain in the bottom. 
    • Looks different to me, or probably just the light and shade difference.
    • I still planned to shoot my ML some, even not going hunting.  Pretty much out of primers and getting low on white hots so I swung into the Baxter FF on my way to Winnie for the weekend. They were completely out of primers and had just gotten restocked that day with propellants.  The counter guy said they went through a ton of ML supplies this year, owing the surge to scopes being allowed.  I bought some Buckhorn to try out and will have to get primers later. Anyone with a last day story to tell?
    • i think those jackknife couches are 72 inches but not positive, will check on that.  The back dinette bed would be almost 8 feet wide. Here are some more pics of the furnace, batteries, and hydraulic system under the couch.  Also the Biffy and closet in the front, the stereo system with Bluetooth, some USB charging ports next to it, cabinet for the satellite receiver with all connections tucked inside.  Pic of the outside 30 amp generator plug in and propane tanks.  Has lights over the tanks and entry door.  You can connect whatever you want to the tv, so yes a water camera would work on that.  Hoping to get on the ice next weekend!!  Good luck to all...
    • Meh, I can protect myself just fine with or without a $1000 rifle. My $100 Hi-Point .45 will make you just as dead as that AR. It's more than likely one of those crazy arse Christians that I need to protect myself from.
    • Yea, well down in Belle Plaine you got all those gun toting Christians to protect your ars!
  • Our Sponsors