Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DRH1175

putting ac in garage?

6 posts in this topic

I want to put an ac unit in my garage do I cut a hole and frame it in that way or do I just mount it in a window? What have others done?

Thanks

Mount the ac unit on the East or North side so it won't have to work too hard in the summer heat. If your window is on the South or West maybe put a heavy shade on it to help keep heat out when the ac is running.

But remember, hail will usually come from the west or north. I vote east side. Keep cool smile

I cut a hole for mine because I didn't want it taking up window space, and I wanted it located in the center of the room.

I think I will cut a hole for mine than. What kinda windows are you all using. I have some insulated double pane ranch windows from Menards. That the previous owner framed in. I was thinking about upgrading to get something with Low E since I will have AC in summer and heat in the winter. Will it really help me much. Can you buy a low E film that you can put on existing windows?