Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mainbutter

Senkos?

3 posts in this topic

Now I've never used 'em before, I haven't bass fished much but when I have I stuck to rapalas and twisty tail grubs on a jig head.

I've been hearing great things about them, and am really interested in trying them out!

How should I try fishing them? I've heard about this "wacky rigging", sounds like you just hook it through the middle, right?(or between the senko and an o-ring in the middle, as I saw someone post a picture of somewhere on these forums)

Also, are they more productive in certain waters? With the exception of the coming two weeks, I'll spend most of my time shore-fishing, and from the looks of the couple of lakes I will spend most of my time at, its REALLY shallow within casting distance. Might I be better off with something to fish close to the top of the water, such as top-waters and original floater rapalas? Or do they work just as well in shallow water (<2 ft) as they do in slightly deeper water?

butter- read the post that Sly posted, it has good information. I would say the senko or copy lures can be fished anywhere, they do thrive in shallow water. All I can tell you is buy a pack and give them a try.. you may have found your new fave lure! Rig them wacky or straight or on a small mushroom head jig.