• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heading to Alex and Sham

Last min decision, I am heading out to Alex and Sham tomorrow morning. I will be on Alex first then if nothing is going I will head to sham. If you see a stratos bass boat stop and say hi. grin

Pana0227.jpg

Musky madness- You must really be putting on the miles this year. You live in Moorhead? Just like the rest of us you have the sickness bad, but these gas prices are really keeping me from driving to lakes further away. Good luck!

MN Muskies- Good luck man! I hope the muskie gods shine above your boat all day long.

By the way, I live in Sartell, so if you guys ever need a fishing partner let me know. My boat needs to go to the shop to fix a leak sick and so I will only get to go when my brother who lives in the cities invites me, or when my buddy invites me. My e-mail is drk.hanson at gmail dot com

We can split the cost of gas or whatever. I am available to go on some weekdays and some weekends.

Sounds good frog. Feel free to send me an e-mail (listed above) next time you need a fishing partner and I will see if my schedule allows me to go. Like I said, I don't have a useable boat at the moment, so you are going to have to ask me to go instead of the other way around.

I'm not sure, but it might have been you pulling in to Sham as we were pulling out. It was about noon. If it was you I hope you had better luck than us, not even a follow.

Started on Alex had a couple follows in two hours. Boats every where, havn't seen that many boats out there for a while. Decided to go to Sham, should have stayed put. Going back to Alex tonight and try after dark for a while.

At least someone was catching fish today. I spent about 5 hours on Alex and only had 4 follows. Two came on hair and two on jerkbaits. One turned back on an eight and then swam off, I kept going for about another 30 seconds and she came back again, but still didn't want to eat. Fish still seem a little sluggish.

Hey Bret, I think we were parked next to you today at the access by The Landing. Are you in a big black dodge with a galvanized trailer? Noticed you had a broken tail light too...bummer. What side of the lake/what were you fishing in?

Hey since you guys live around the area, I was wondering if you fish Sugar much? I would prefer to fish it more since its closer but still haven't caught any yet. I had one about 40" take a swipe at my bucktail at 5pm today, surprising with all the boat traffic.

I would be willing to go out sometime, I'm still learning the ways of the muskie and have yet to boat my first one. My homemade bucktails work at least!!

I'm not sure, but it might have been you pulling in to Sham as we were pulling out. It was about noon. If it was you I hope you had better luck than us, not even a follow.

Yep that was me, I had the same amount of luck you did.

I should of just stayed in bed instead of going fishing. To start off I set the alarm for 3 pm not am mad Thankfully my wife had to get up to go to the bathroom and woke me up at 4. Then on the way there I saw something fly out of my boat, I just thought it was my fishing towl, nope it was my son's life jacket mad Then I get on the lake and notice on my new 7000 reel that the place I got the reel put way to much backing on it because the reel was way to full, so dealing with back lashes, on one cast it was so bad it snapped the line and there went a new leader and a new DCG mad Tried to find it but with no luck, to top it off no fish, not even a follow. Heading back out on Thursday to give it a go again.

You guys that saw/caught fish what depths were you fishing. I was shallow and deep and saw nothing.

Hey since you guys live around the area, I was wondering if you fish Sugar much? I would prefer to fish it more since its closer but still haven't caught any yet. I had one about 40" take a swipe at my bucktail at 5pm today, surprising with all the boat traffic.

I would be willing to go out sometime, I'm still learning the ways of the muskie and have yet to boat my first one. My homemade bucktails work at least!!

That is a good feeling when you see a fish going after a lure you have made, congrats.

I fish sugar a couple a times a month, I head down there after work during the week. It's a tuff lake, I know there are some good size fish in it, but the biggest I've ever have caught was a 36 incher.

Madness:

Not me in the Dodge. I drive a white GMC Yukon with black lund trailer and always go off the east landing. Black and tan Lund 1600 with 90 Opti on it. Usually cranking up the 80's hair band music too!

MNMuskies:

I have been keeping the boat in 15-17 FOW and casting shallower. Seems like the fish we have been raising are coming out of the deeper water. Probably due to the fact that the weeds are still developing and aren't very tall yet. Did find some spots where the weeds were pretty well developed out to about 13 foot of water. Have been moving more fish on jerkbaits than any other lure, although bucktails have been moving fish as well. Mostly dive and rise (suicks and bobbies) as opposed to gliders.

MN:

Not a problem. Hope that some of it helps you out to boat a fish or two. I will be out on Alexander on Thursday from 4:30 - 9:00, so if you see me in a black Lund, give me a shout.

I know the feeling loosing lures...how is this for a curse...both lures that I have caught my two muskies on this year I have lost within hours. 2 weeks ago I lost a Esox Viper spinnerbait $20 and today I lost a Giant Flasher for $25 plus $10 leaders...it's been a spendy few weeks. I also had a tail tear off a Magnum Bull Dawg yesterday too...yikes...better keep the cheap lures out for a while!