Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WTN4ICE

Sonic Drive In

92 posts in this topic

Not sure where this question belongs so I'll ask here.The early news today showed a Sonic Drive in opened somewhere in Minnesota. I did not catch the location. Anybody know the location.

I know there is one going up in Elk River, and possible more around the cities. The one in ER is going to on the corner of 169 and main st.

mmmmm Sonic is good!

I believe it opened in St. Paul. The one in ER will be opening sometime in August and there are several that are being planned.

Thanks the metro is a whole lot closer than driving to Kentucky.

It's off of 94 and White Bear Avenue on Suburban. From the sound of it it's been non-stop business since it opened. Up to a 3 hr wait at the worst...

Its located on Suburban Ave between Ruth and White Bear, otherwise known as fast food alley! There is a staging area behind the parts store off from burns ave that is typically full. If you pan on walking up to order the line is usually past the Taco Bell entrance!

Good Luck!!

Never ate there before, want to go but I have to wait until the "Krispy Kreme" craze of this year dies down so I can get some grub in less than an hour.

It might be quicker to drive to Kentucky. At least till the novelty wears off. Thanks for the info.

I have been to many of them accross the south and they are good. Get a burger and a shake with some fries to go with it all. The fries are similar to Wendy's fries, but their burgers are really good, and come with all the fixins. Every time I go south to visit family, I have to stop at Sonic. It is a mandatory occurance.

Once the novelty wears off a bit, I will be hitting up Sonic as I love their food.

Yep... St. Paul... on Surburban Ave... Just get on 94 to White Bear Ave... then go south on WBA, turn left onto Suburban... cant miss it... I went there last tuesday... for lunch... it was packed... but took only 15 min to finally get my order... so it wasnt so bad...

First time I ate at Sonic was at Austin, Texas... 6 years ago... been waiting for it to open up since then... have had friends from Vegas and Nebraska bring me some Sonic when they came over... Now no more... just 30 min drive from my home...

Like Polars... Stopping at a Sonic was a mandatory when I was near one... Super Sonic Cheeseburgers w/ the fixings, tater tots w/ chili & cheese, Cherry Limeade with extra cherries... MMMMM...

I think I need a cherry limeade, right about now. Mmmmm. sonicburger!

Why wait that long for a burger? When I drove by there a week ago I thought they were giving the food away, it was a joke.

i was waiting for one for so long, i was so mad they played all the commercials when we didnt have one here, but i wasnt overly impressed. it was good, i loved the fries and the drink selection is great, but i didnt think the burgers were any better than say culvers which i really like, plus there is a culvers going up in cottage grove too, which is nice.

Sonic is the bomb. Ive ate at probably 20 different ones.

Same here... Most of the ones i ate at were in Missouri they have them on every corner it seems like down there.

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
Sonic is the bomb. Ive ate at probably 20 different ones.

Same here... Most of the ones i ate at were in Missouri they have them on every corner it seems like down there.

I used to go down and duck hunt in Stutgart, Ar. with my buddy that lives down there and most of em I ate at are down there. Gotta love them 200lb waitresses on rollerskates!

200lbs..........? and can rollerskate? Better watch out they might be in the rollerderby on Sat. nights and they may check ya into the boards.....

I used to go down and duck hunt in Stutgart, Ar. with my buddy that lives down there and most of em I ate at are down there. Gotta love them 200lb waitresses on rollerskates!

Same here, I lived in Stuttgart the first few years of my life and have family down there. My uncle has a 680 acre farm we duck and deer hunt on as well as fishing. Fun stuff. The one in Stuttgart is the one I eat at most often.

What are they going to do in the winter up here?

DD

The one is almost done in ER. Just another 99cent heart attach joint in my book grin.

Man, they took over the property of the old Burger Time. That place was awesome. You could get a restaurant quality burger (big), onion rings and a shake for less or the same than a double quarter pounder meal at Mac and Cracks. I guess this is why they sold out.

Sign of the times I guess.

We will give old Sonic a run though, unless my diet starts before then grin

Closest one I believe is (was) in Ankeny, IA. We go to Kansas about every other year and hit Sonic several times. Down there, they're in every little town, kind of like Dairy Queen here. If anyone's ever been to the New Orleans airport, there's one right after you get off the plane. But you can't top this: the Bass Pro Shops in Shreveport, Louisiana has one upstairs in the store. Can it get much better??? I love their double cheeseburger and of course, cherry limeade.

They have been moving north now for a few years. They've had one in Sioux Falls for a couple years and now just opened a second there. Its good but its still just fast food. The drink choices are what makes it interesting, Strawberry fresh fruit slush...mmmmmm.

The cold weather is the reason it has taken so long to get them up here. They are a drive-in style like the old A&W's with no indoor seating, so it is a little difficult to make it work up here. Winter months you ought to be able to pull right in and get your food. I haven't been by any of them up here yet, do they have a drive through lane too or are they all drive-in style. I would assume up here it would be in their best intrest to have a drive through lane. By the time the wait-staff gets your food out to your car in February, you will be eating an ice-burger.