• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody willing to help?

Fishin4aLivin

Hey guys I have been using this site for years. I am an avid walleye fisherman but in the last two years my son and I have tried several times to do a little catfishing. The problem is I really haven't had much luck and being that he is 11yrs old he is getting tired of getting skunked. I thought walleye's were hard to catch. Anyways I was wondering if anyone out there would let me tag along with them one night to pick up a few pointers. I have tried several spots and still can't seem to figure it out. I work early during the week so probably would have to be on a weekend. This may be kind of a weird post but about two years ago I met a guy that was posting on this site looking to fish in someone's boat for walleye, I invited him along and today he is one of my best friends. Thanks!!

I would be more than happy to tkae you and your son out a time or two. Only problem is, my back is out of commission for a bit. When I get back into the river fishing, you are more than welcome to come along for some cat action.

In July , on the 19th, we are have a get together in Carver for the members. There is no cost, food ias bring your own and this could be a good time to learn a few things and also meet many of the better cat people on the forum.

You are more than welcome to come and we sure would like to meet you. There is a post in the catfish forum in regards to this event and if you have any questions, fire away.

I would also be more than willing to take you and your son out for some big cats. I have a bit of experience with taking people out cat fishing. I put on a cat fishing event for a day in the summer for a group out of the cities called Capable partners. It consist of a large group of people who have physical disabilities and some who are able bodied. myself and a small group of friends take the Capable Partners members down to the Minnesota river and fish hard for the day off shore and in boats. Also a few years ago i met a fisherman who was new to the cat game who is now one of my closest friends at seven mile creek by Mankato and he was asking for some catin advise. Now in the past years we have landed many fish in the 30lb to 45lb range. So yes i would make time for when ever you could make it to Mankato to fish.

call Travis at 507-382-7869 or email [email protected]

I would really like to thank both of you for your willingness to help out. Harvey I am going to look into the details of that outing and hopefully the boy and I can make it up for that one. Hope you back gets better soon. Thatcatguy I will take you up on the offer. I will shoot you an email from work on monday and see what your upcoming plans are. Both my son and I are very excited to fish with someone that knows what he is doing. Well he and I are off to the Croix for some walleye action. I will talk to you soon and thanks again to both of you!!!!