• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

On June 27, 28 and 29, the Tri- State Outdoor Festival will be held in St. Charles, MN, just east of Rochester. This is a show featuring outdoor activities focused on hunting and fishing. There are many activities available for the kids to participate in.

You’ve read about them, heard about them and now you can touch them and try them on. Reel Fishing Outfitters will have an Arctic Armor vendor booth at the festival. We will have the Arctic Armor camouflage suit and the red suit on display and available for purchase. Sizes from XS through 3X will be available. Even though it’s 80 degrees now, it’s never too early to start thinking about the fall hunting and ice fishing seasons.

This is the first of many shows we will be attending during 2008 and into 2009.

For more information on the festival, you can do a web search for the festival.

See you at the festival.

Joe

We wish Joe & his staff all the best at the show this weekend. Reel Fishing Outfitters has really taken the bull by the horns and will be showing our suits at many shows this year. We are excited about the additions we have made to the line and look forward to our best season yet!

It may be 80 degrees out now, but we will soon be talking fall hunting. We all know Arctic Armor makes one heck of a cold weather suit in Red. What you may not know is Arctic Armor also makes the same suit in Camo. This is a great suit for duck, goose, turkey and deer hunting. Any hunting where you are sitting for a long period, the Arctic Armor Camo suit is a great suit. It has the same floatation capability as the original red suit plus it has enough room in the shoulders for archery hunting.

aajacketcn5.gif

aaplusjacketsmxs3.jpg

You can see the suits at our store or Reel Fishing Outfitters will be one of the vendors at the upcoming Game Fair in Anoka August 8, 9 and 10 and August 15, 16, and 17. Ron Schara will be introducing us as one of the new vendors/products. We may be invited to demo the suit in their duck pond. We will have the Camo suits, the Red suits and the new Arctic Plus suit in sizes from XS to XXXL at the show. This is not an order and ship later sale. We will have inventory for you to try on and purchase at the show. So join myself, our own TO (Jamison Vanden Einde) and the Arctic Armor factory reps at the show.

In addition, August 22-24, we will be at the Ducks Unlimited Great Outdoors Festival in Oshkosh, WI. At this show, we will also have the Arctic Armor suit in Green Bay Packer colors. If you are a Packer fan, this is the suit for you.

Stay turned for updates on additional shows where we will be showcasing Arctic Armor cold weather gear.

We look forward to seeing you at Game Fair.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us prior to the shows.

Joe, TO, Matt, Katy and the rest of the gang.

Well I stopped by today and took a look at the Arctic Armor at the Game Fair. It is some sweet stuff. I tried on a set as I am planning to get some very soon. It was a very good thing I did, as I would have bought the wrong size. I am 5'-9" and weigh 190, but rather than the typical XL, I fit better in a Large set of Arctic Armor. Anyway, while I was there, I walked down to the lake with the guys from Reel Fishing and Tackle and they did a demo. I caught the action with my camera and want to share it with everyone here. This stuff floats, and floats good. I will let the pics do the talking though.

Ron Schara doing the introduction for Tom Whitehead and Arctic Armor

2745178595_592975e48c.jpg

Tom took the mic to explain some of the key features making Arctic Armor the suit of the future.

2746013602_bf074b0393.jpg

2746013794_f9693cff13.jpg

2746014026_0a2df9726f.jpg

2745179357_3b973b24fb.jpg

2746014416_1fac59d04a.jpg

The Green suit was on display, and the new material looks pretty sweet. A little softer for those that want the extra comfort factor.

2746015362_e492190332.jpg

Another photo of the Green suit.

2745180625_42687b0681.jpg

The Original Arctic Armor Red suit.

2745180747_48999bec2a.jpg

2745178129_bfbed18a4d.jpg

I bought one of the camo suits from a sponsor here last year for my wife . Trust me I will be getting one for myself this year . Just an awesome suit . Save yourself money and buy this suit in whatever colour . You will never regret it .

Only regret we both have is what to do with our other newly purchased camo suits that we will no longer get any use out of since the Arctic Armour in camo is on our coat rack now .

TD

A little recap from the opener for those thinking about hunting in AA

Quote:
I brought home the Arctic Armor this weekend thinking I would likely not use it. Well, I sure am glad it came with! I washed it in a no scent soap Saturday morning and suited up around 4. Got to the stand about 4:30. One hour later I turned my head to the south edge of the beanfield and momma and her twins were making their way down my way, very slowly. They munched for about thirty minutes and then dissappeared into the woods. One hour later, they passed by on the marsh side of the stand on the cattail fringe. They stopped in range and looked at all the brush I had cleared out last week before continuing on. Nothing else came. This family had showed up on the trail cam a few times. The fawns were still in spots. I will probably leave this stand alone for a few weeks.

BUT, I was super impressed with the Arctic Armor! I was warm, dry, and comfortable in 58 degrees and on and off rain. I used the zipper pockets to stash what I needed and it was a VERY quiet suit! I was skeptical before getting the suit but one day on the stand and now I can see this purchase being a 3 season deal.

I will be putting the suit through the test this fall. I will be archery hunting it again next weekend, duck hunting in it if the weather is cold (most waterfowlers know Minnesota's opener is generally bluebird skies and warm, the exact opposite of MN fishing openers) during the first few weekends and deep into the fall including the late fall migration, taking it to North Dakota, and then hunting it hard during bow and rifle season through October and November.

By then when the ice comes it'll be put through the paces and ready to ice fish for 4 or 5 months and then hit the open water for spring panfish and Mille Lacs on opener.

I think my wife will be happy to know that the suit floats (I haven't told her yet...figured it would be a great excuse to save for first ice).

I just got mine the other day and can't wait to try them out.

After trying them on they seem to fit well, I like the add padding in the knees as it seems I'm alway kneeing down to get something.

Sifty