• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fished it in 2006. Decent Lake for Walleye and Northern. 27" walleye 100 yrds from cabin. 40" northern over in Cobham (the lake off of Vee to the North. Don't waste your time on the portage unless you are fishing for northern. Not one walleye caught.

Cabin is ok but cramped sleeping quarters. I would have slept in tha Gazebo but there was a bear on the island. We caught him in our boat stealing my Berkley Power Grubs and Worms.

The outfitter was the worst part. We were "specifically" told more than once they would fly in the extra weight if we paid the extra money and that they would fly the Beer and soda in ahead of time. We had no problem paying $1.25 per pound extra but once we got there things changed.

The plane to fly us in was running two hours late so we ended up having to listen to Bruce, the father, lecture us on the extra weight, how an otter can handle only so much weight. We asked them why our beer was not flown in ahead of time like promissed but we got the run around on that one. We asked them to fly some of it in mid week, but they said they no longer make mid week flights.

I see on there web site they have addressed this problem by no longer accomodating any extra weight. At least now they don't otright lie to you.

All said and done we would go back to there lakes but after spending $7,500 for the group we would go with another outfitter that at least would say thank you to us upon leaving.

The

getting jiggy-sorry to hear about your time on the extra weight issue. I can totally understand your point of view. If told something, should come through on the deal. Keep us in mind if you ever want to do an other fly in. We do the same deal flying items in ahead and it gets done. Example, I already have my planed loaded for tomarrow with a pre order to help save time in the morning. We fly beech 18's which is simluar size to the otter realitive speaking. Im flying in a group of 2 tomarrow therefor I have lots of extra room on the flight, Im flying in 900 pounds of beer and soda for a group coming up in acouple weeks that made the pre order.

We never count fish so I can not give exact counts. My guess would be 40 - 60 walleye a day per boat, 10 to 20 Northern Pike (we don't target them). We may actually only fish a total of 5-6 hours a day when you factor in shore lunch, cocktail hour(s), eradicating the camp of bears, and the fact we never start fishing b4 10am. We like to explore and it is a long boat ride to get to the far parts of the lake.

The best fishing ended up being right close to the cabin. Fish around the cabin island, the weed bed on the north side of the island constantly produced 4 to 6 fish on each drift. Also fish the shoreline on the north side of the lake.

There is an small Indian shack on the lake so don't be surprised if you see another boat. Keep an eye out for bears both at their camp as well as yours.