Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glenn57

question for lisa

2 posts in this topic

lisa, last winter a group or yous went to burntside lake fishing lake trout, do you go there alot? the reason i ask is one of our retired union members lives next to a resort on the lake and his wife works at the resort part time. his name is bob larson, do you know of him, or the name of the resort. when you go do you stay overnite? the way he talked about that lake he made it sound like it was an awesome lake.

Jim and I went to the Burntside Bash and I got skunked because my Marcum was acting up and I had so much interference I couldn't tell what was smelt or lake trout or ANYTHING! I was bummed but Jim caught a couple small ones. So we decided to get back up there and try again. We ended up going 3 more times over the winter and now all I want to do is catch lakers through the ice!!!! eek It's superseding ALL other fishing for me. I'm totally obsessed. Burntside Lake is gorgeous! We went out of Van Vac access each time we went out. We stayed at the Paddle Inn most of the time because the rooms were cheap and clean and there was room to park the truck and trailer. Ely is great town. I sure wish I could find a job in Ely and live here full time. I would really LOVE to see Burntside Lake in the summer because my sister's boyfriend says it's really beautiful! (HI RANDY-I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS!!! grin)I've never met Bob and don't know what resort though but if you get a chance to get up there glenn, take it!! It is well worth your gas money and time. I had a great time and will be back for the Bash this winter too.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Like I said Dave I think you are correct.  But this is a different election.  So your vote might matter.  I also wonder who the Liberal Tribune is actually calling if that is the one you want to hang your hat on.
    • Sorry but if Hillary wins I will not get what I deserve.  Everyone who voted for her or anyone besides Trump gets what they deserve.
    • I could care less if Johnson changes his mind.  I think you're  trolling in the wrong lake if you've ever seen me post about any candidate changing their mind.
    • How  big is the lake and what kind of weeds are most prevalent? 
    • I think we can thank our coach, the D will not lay down to anybody. We have made to MVP quarterbacks look like T-Jack lol. What a fun team to watch, is it sustainable? Only time will tell but I tell you what, nobody wants to play our D in the post season. That's what I'm excited about.  If Trent Dilfer can do it, we can do it. 
    • After that performance? Even the extremely biased Brietbart poll shows Trump losing that debate: Who won the debate polls: CNN/ORC - 62/27 = Clinton +35 PPP - 50/41 = Clinton +9 NBC/SM - 52/21 = Clinton +31 Gravis/Brietbart - 48/43 Clinton = +5 Reuters - 56/26 = Clinton +30
    • Nice design, cant wait to see it completed...    
    • So, for Y'all that are blowing RNT and Zink calls, how do you decide what to get? I'm in the mood to pick one really good goose call and one really good mallard call.  I looked at the $100 plus calls in the boxes at the C store but am leary of just pulling something off the hook based on a model name. Any suggestions for someone who mainly hunts in MN only for waterfowl? A good woodie call should be considered too. I'm still using some old Haydell calls, and Canada Hammer, Quack Head, etc..  Thanks
    • How have sturgeon been up there? Haven't been able to fish much (helping sister with hew wedding that was last weekend), but I do have Friday off and I'm thinking of heading up there to give it a go.
    • The final item on my list is to create a fold down bed. I have the aluminum bought and cut and have a friend using the tig to put it together. I plan on using webbing across the top and will buy a 4" mattress from clarkfield outdoors. Here are the designs, I will add pictures when I have it completed and mounted.           
  • Our Sponsors