• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance 520C

PL Sportsman

Question

I have a 520C and I lose the bottom on the sonar constantly. From what I have researched I need to update the software. I did so but my unit didn't take the upgrade.

Does anyone have any experience loading the software. I loaded it on a MMC card and put it in the unit and turned it on and nothing happens. I do to the software version and it still says 1.4 not the 2.3

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul

10 answers to this question

Did you download the update file which has a *.exe extension?

After downloading that file, double-click it and let the self-extractor lead you through the process. It'll ask where you want the files stored (which will be the MMC card) and if you want the update files to be automatically deleted from the MMC card upon completion of the update which is totally up to you. After it has loaded the file onto the card all you should have to do is insert it into the 520c and power it up. Be sure that you are using a completely blank MMC card when loading the update files. It seems to help.

You will also want to make sure that your MMC card is no larger then 1 GB or your unit might not recognize it. Just had that problem with my H2O and had to go back and read some old threads and was able to do the upgrade with no problem.

You are not alone. Check the older threads and you should be able to mix some suggestions into a solution. I had the same problem with my 522 and I recently installed the update and now it works a lot better. As Sandmannd suggested, I've been trying to adjust sensitivity manually and it seems to be helping out quite a bit. Good luck!

I have the exact unit and have been having the same problems I loaded the software one time and it work perfect on Mille lac and then few days on a metro lake later it didn't work worth a c r a p. So I loaded it again and the last time out it work alright. What ever happen to when you could by a high buck item and it would last for many years and you didn't have to load a bunch of c r a p on it? It worked fine when I installed it last year .What changes of the winter that you need to do all this?

if you continue to have problems check with the sporting goods stores in the area some carry the upgrade chip..and just bring unit in and they will upgrade for you..takes about 1 minute..in st. cloud just went to scheels and was in and out..plus you can look at all the fishing stuff!!!!