• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Motor problem

Bass Slicer

I have a 150 hp mercury optimax and i have been experiencing some problems this week. the motor is a little hard to start and when it runs it seems to clonk out or lose momentum. the message center on the dash also beeps when the motor is having problems, but i don't know what the symbol means. the message center has a gas light, oil light, temp light and a weird looking lightbulb shaped light (this one lights up and beeps).

any tips would be great

thanks

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota!

What kind of gauge is it? Do you have the smartcraft system?

Can you tell me what year your motor is?

Does it beep continuously or just once and that's it?

When does it clonk out? Can you describe the behavior a little better?

marine_man

the motor is a 98' and today it ran great. until i let it rest for a couple hours while i fished, it started but when i gave it gas nothing happened and the light blinks with a loud beep continualy until it the rpm's increase. once i get it running it seems to be fine for a while, i have the most trouble when i first start it for the day and when i fish a spot for more than two hours.

thanks for the support.