• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dry and Very Dusty!

Conditions couldn't have played out better that allowed this one to be captured! A couple of days ago my buddy Andre` were combing the countryside in search of a cougar that was sited. Upon happening down a very dry, dusty gravel road in Andre` pick-up truck, Andre` spots this old well pump just sitting there in the middle of a grain field. We stopped to investigate and to judge weather or not there would be a decent photo opp. As this was happening, huge amounts of dust caused by the pick-up started blanketing the field and the old pump. because of the very low angle of the sun I quickly realized that there was about to be a great photo opp...

I wasn't disappointed!

265_6586-1.jpg

PS....we never did locate the cougar!!!

Thank you for the comments!

I did look at cropping it, but I wanted to include the hydro pole shown in the distant left.

The cropped photo does work and still offers good composition! I feel that the vegetation located at the bottom of the pump does it some real justice too...

265_6586-2-1.jpg

As usual I go against the grain and prefer the second shot with out the powerline. Its a beautiful shot on its own and I don't care for the distraction of the pole of the background taking me away from the pump.

Really doesn't matter you've captured a winner with either shot!