Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassphish2005

Strutters

10 posts in this topic

Last Sunday I saw three large toms at full strut in a hay field,am I wrong or are the birds still trying to breed in the middle on June? Just thought it was a bit late??? Opinions>

I saw a bunch last week and two weeks ago. I'm no wildlife biologist, but I suspect there might have been some re-nesting with cool temps and rain.

I heard some gobbling while I was fishing this morning.

I too have been seeing strutters here and there. Had one gobbling while I was fishing last weekend. Must have gobbled 100 times. Funny, had a mouth call in the boat, no response to it on Saturday, but Sunday they couldn't get enough of it. Thought one was gonna fly right onto lake.

seen some last week as well, I was kind of surprised as well I would have thought they would have been done look for ladies by this time

I predicted during our May season that the birds will be gobbling and strutting until mid July, well here it is June 27th and this is what I saw today on the way to work. I wonder how long it will continue? If I didn't have to be at work I would have tried to work this bird just to see if I could get him in range. smile

062708A.jpg

062708B.jpg

062708C.jpg

looks like a good bird. wouldve liked to get one in range this spring. oh well theres always the fall hunt

We saw a few young birds gobbling and strutting today.

Here it is July 22 and today I saw 2 birds strutting over one hen in one field and a mile down the road saw one tom strutting over 3 hens and chasing them. Their heads where as white as could be, I had a box call in the truck and gave the 2 toms a couple of yelps and they triple gobbled and starting coming to the truck. No camera but it's going in the truck tonight so I can get pics.

This weekend I saw 3 jakes strutting together also. Wierd.