• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strutters

bassphish2005

I too have been seeing strutters here and there. Had one gobbling while I was fishing last weekend. Must have gobbled 100 times. Funny, had a mouth call in the boat, no response to it on Saturday, but Sunday they couldn't get enough of it. Thought one was gonna fly right onto lake.

I predicted during our May season that the birds will be gobbling and strutting until mid July, well here it is June 27th and this is what I saw today on the way to work. I wonder how long it will continue? If I didn't have to be at work I would have tried to work this bird just to see if I could get him in range. smile

062708A.jpg

062708B.jpg

062708C.jpg

Here it is July 22 and today I saw 2 birds strutting over one hen in one field and a mile down the road saw one tom strutting over 3 hens and chasing them. Their heads where as white as could be, I had a box call in the truck and gave the 2 toms a couple of yelps and they triple gobbled and starting coming to the truck. No camera but it's going in the truck tonight so I can get pics.